Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12 inch scoops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12 inch scoops
    Posted: 02 January 2008 at 1:20am
does anyone have a plan for a 12 inch scoop  that can handle 400w bass speakers

thanks
its all about the bass
mylesound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 1:21am
i think eminence has 12" scoop plans but if you cant findem why dont you just use fane's 15" and alter the baffel for a 12
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 1:49am
because theres more to the maths than just a 12" hole? ie the frequency response will be entirely different, now of all speakers scoops are what i know least about, and 12" scoops are doable [if the right trade offs are made then a 12" scoop can even drop as deep as an 18"] but they need to be designed with the driver in mind,
just a thought,
i personaly think 12" scoops are very doable.....
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 3:55am
I have a double 12 mini, but the plans aren't for release sorry
so it can be done, yes
italsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 9:54pm
i have tryed altering the fane 15 inch scoop to a 12 inch and it sounded really bad but i am gonna look for the eminence 12 inch scoop design and try that any other designs welcome

thanks
its all about the bass
ToNy MoNtAnA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToNy MoNtAnA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by italsound italsound wrote:

does anyone have a plan for a 12 inch scoop  that can handle 400w bass speakers

thanks

Just go for a Micro Scooper 15 or 18 inch mini scoop.  Plans for both have been posted a million times over, this is getting boring.

So SEARCH.

12 inch scoop won't go deep enough.

Edited by ToNy MoNtAnA - 03 January 2008 at 11:40pm
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2008 at 1:34am
hope this maybe of some use

img252/1629/12scoopox2.jpg
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
italsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 9:53pm

i got round to making my 12 inch scoop today and found that the bass that was given out was the worst i had ever heard in my life so i took my trusted friend the sledge hammer to the box, and i also forgot the speaker was in the box still, you can gusee the out come

its all about the bass
ToNy MoNtAnA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToNy MoNtAnA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 4:19pm

i got round to making my 12 inch scoop today and found that the bass that was given out was the worst i had ever heard in my life so i took my trusted friend the sledge hammer to the box, and i also forgot the speaker was in the box still, you can gusee the out come

LOLLLLLLL hope you used mdf or chip for the test box. But thats the stupidest thing I heard ever.

Hope the driver was cheap crap or your very stupid.

Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by ToNy MoNtAnA ToNy MoNtAnA wrote:

But thats the stupidest thing I heard ever.

ive heard worse Wink
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 4:42pm

i got round to making my 12 inch scoop today and found that the bass that was given out was the worst i had ever heard in my life

Unsurprising really you were warned!

Note that mykey has a 12" scoop but its a double 12" which is roughly equivalent to an 18"

The size of the cab is going to make a big difference.

If you had 6 or 8 of those 12" scoops you might stand a chance, with the right driver of course

Stu
All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 8:32pm

i got round to making my 12 inch scoop today and found that the bass that was given out was the worst i had ever heard in my life.....

LOLLOL hahaha

Oh well better luck next time!!
I fear i may have to demolish my latest creation (a double 18") and remake it (two single 18s) Its far too big!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>