Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12 V and mains Inverters...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrightonJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 7:55am
Originally posted by amlu amlu wrote:

do not know about numark, but 2x pioneer cdj200 and djm300 suck around 40 watts.
its worth investing in a energy usage monitor...
one of those for example -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PLUG-ENERGY-MONITOR-SAVING-ELECTRICITY-USAGE-METER-/140571456280?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item20bab63318

little gadget for 10 quid shows voltage and connected load.

I like... good idea. WIll buy one for sure.

Originally posted by amlu amlu wrote:

i`m using a 300w victron pure sine wave inverter... got bit of noise problems, but managed to get around by powering inverter from separate battery, using a 50cm ground spike, grounded to aluminium suitcase with amps in.

tried using ground loop isolator but no luck.

Yes - I have taken to running an inverter off a third battery where possible (weight issues aside) and didn't need an earth spike for that setup. I am still investigating the causes of the hum heard when inverters are used. It is almost certainly earthing related, but I would expect that it is mainly down to eaither an earth loop or most likely the fact that I have pitifully smal cables running power to my amps. The current is very high in 12 V systems, so the coper to the power (at least) needs to be rather on the chunky side to avoid voltage drops... will report back if I can back anything up with experimental results.
fatty jee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatty jee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 9:06pm
Cheers Amlu, useful info, will look at energy monitor and powering inverter from separate battery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12