Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12v sounds ready for 2014?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 10:09pm
Nice!Finland represent!Thumbs Up
I posted your pics from the links!

Nummisofts pics:

"what!?"
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 2:34pm
Ive almost got my bike pimped to move the sound.Added a milk crate to the back to carry the speaker.All I need to find now is some sort of small basket to the front to carry the control center/cds etc.

I think the area around local railway station is a good place to start searching since its known to be a cemetery of stolen/broken bikes,maybe one has a basketSmile

The weather is super nice at the moment and should be sunny and exceptionally warm the whole week.So the first real session with the sound is coming soon.

Whats goin on with you guys?Any updates?

"what!?"
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2014 at 11:11pm
Add a solar panel and im done,maybe...
"what!?"
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2014 at 12:07am
Well got this minor monstrosity in beta test mode :-)

Those piezos mounted in the box are disconnected - only serving as blanking panels right now.

The HF drivers on the top are P-Audio 407N - via a pair of old Kenwood car Xovers.

Gave it a road test in Vicky Park yesterday as we had close to 20C temp and some of the crew were around :-)

Well I'm well chuffed with it. The Beyma 8" are rocking it. -- superb sensitivity in mid ranges ... crossing nicely to the 407N  - very good clarity. Obviously no deep bass, the mid/upper bass is pretty controlled and clean.

Just need to build a replacement box now .... think I might just stay with sealed box actually.
Building the box is quite a hassle for me though .... no woodworking tools/workshop ..... it'll need to get subbed out.

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2014 at 12:15am
^BeastamodeThumbs Up!

I bet theres someone in the forum who is more than glad to help you with the woodworks!
"what!?"
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2014 at 12:22am
Originally posted by slaz slaz wrote:

Just need to build a replacement box now .... think I might just stay with sealed box actually.Building the box is quite a hassle for me though .... no woodworking tools/workshop ..... it'll need to get subbed out.

Come by sometime. I've got my saw out and have plenty of 12mm ply off cuts you can use :)

You get a new cab, I get a beer or 2 and some wood cleared out my way :)
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2014 at 12:32pm
^New cab for slaz is a must!Time to update the beast?
For a couple of beers,cant beat the dealThumbs UpSlaz diy mk1 soon come?
"what!?"
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2014 at 12:39pm
Hey Slaz whats goin on with the box?
"what!?"
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2014 at 5:26pm
He's drawing up some plans, and when he's done I'll help chop the wood etc.

PS - Slaz, offer stands for next week. On the 26th all the wood is going to da tip.
scott_fury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott_fury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2014 at 8:57pm
The trike's got three flats, but should be on the road again real soon....

Edited by scott_fury - 11 April 2014 at 8:58pm
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2014 at 9:15pm
^ClapNice!Again would love to see some video footage of the sound in action!Thumbs Up
"what!?"
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2014 at 11:10pm
Heres another clip of my 12v machine in action featuring the "pimped" bike which moves it...Milk crate stylee...

"what!?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>