Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12v system finally coming together + Piezos?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immortal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12v system finally coming together + Piezos?
    Posted: 10 April 2014 at 12:15am
I have finally almost finished my boombox, just need to wire it up. spent the last few days varnishing. pictures to follow tomorrow :D

I was just wondering about wiring up the piezos. I have two 22ohm resistors and four piezos.

If i go from each amp channel in parallel with the driver to the resistor then split into two from there to two piezos (wired in parallel) then back together than back to the other side of the driver.

Sorry if i have not explained it very well haha.

will this work or will i be better off putting the piezos in series after the resistor? i am guessing it will just get quieter but I can't seem t find how it will affect the frequencies going through the piezos.

will i be better off getting higher resistance resistors to cut off more high frequencies off the top?

cheers
Cemetery Sounds
immortal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immortal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2014 at 9:29am
finally finished it and put it together last night, took a while and an injury from the soldering iron :S

taking it to the british juggling convention tonight for its first outing :D
Cemetery Sounds
audiomik View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiomik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2014 at 10:55am
Re: "will i be better off getting higher resistance resistors to cut off more high frequencies off the top?"

Resistors alone won't act as filters to have only higher frequencies handled by Piezos. They may act as attenuators.

There are a number of threads about Piezos and filters on here which will answer your question though - do a search for "piezo"

Mik
Warning! May contain Nuts
plus springs, washers, screws, etc, etc.
immortal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immortal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2014 at 11:52am
I had a look around but I couldn't find anything about what I wanted. It was suggested having a resistor of about 50ohm per piezo but I already had two 22ohm resistors for 4 piezos. I wired them two in parallel after each resistor. I couldn't find much on how it will attenuate the high end though, sounds pretty good though and isn't very harsh. probably needed to search more about electronics.

Will get some better pictures of it this weekend, hopefully in the sunshine :D
Cemetery Sounds
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2014 at 12:22pm
^Nice!Get some video too!

Have you checked the diyaudio boominator thread? http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/104402-boominator-another-stab-ultimate-party-machine.html

I bet theres something about the piezos...
"what!?"
 Post Reply Post Reply