Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1850 vs SBH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonNOS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1850 vs SBH
    Posted: 18 November 2008 at 12:49am
Hi,

I am part way through building my first system of 8*1850s (Void 1000s) plus 4*X-tros and have been reading the forum regularly for hints/tips and the like.

I have just seen the thread in 'Other Plans' section regarding the 'Super Bass Horn' http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20503 and now I'm wondering if this might be a better option to 1850's, mainly because they can go sub 30Hz in stacks of 4 and I plan on playing mostly DnB/Bassline with occasional Dubstep.

Does anyone care to offer an opinion on which I should build? I have only completed one 1850 so far so it wouldn't be too much trouble to sell it and build 8 SBHs.

Any help is most appreciated ,

Cheers,
Si
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 1:26am
If I was using X-Tros, I'd build WSX, not 1850. SBH seems to be quite big cab. If you don't have problem with their size, go for it. WSX sits somewhere between the 1850 and the SBH, sizewise and extension-wise
tommysb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommysb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 6:28pm
8 1850s and 4 xtros will be a very nice system :)

If you want to go low, you need big horns.
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 6:33pm
It's not a very fair comparison.

The SBH is like the 1850 with an extra fold, and even without the extra bit it's quite large.

It's a real massive 'sub' cab, that deserves a kick bin.

Pfly hit it on the spot.
Away on extended leave.
SimonNOS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonNOS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Deadbeat Deadbeat wrote:

It's a real massive 'sub' cab, that deserves a kick bin.

Wouldn't the 8*15" horns in the X-tros suffice?
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 8:45pm
LOLEmbarrassed

You got me there. Xtro has a kick bin in it!

Personally, if I had the room, the SBH is the one to go for.
Away on extended leave.
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 11:16pm
Defo SBH from the 2... easier to build than the wsx too... as deadbeat says.. as long as you have the room.
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 10:00am
That's what I was thinking also. If you have the room and you have big van and muscles to store and move those SBHs, then go for it, but if you want little bit smaller bass cab, choose WSX or perhaps HOG. 1850 would work nicely with X-TRo, but there's a lot of overlap with those two, it's not so wise choice as WSX or SBH.
jimbo.. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 9:05pm

If you decide to build yourself some SBH, i'll take the 1850 off your hands. LOL

Add "Harmonize soundz" on facebook....
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 12:12am

so the sbh is a goer then? for real low end say 30<80hz???

hmmmmmmmmm

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Markk James Markk James wrote:

so the sbh is a goer then? for real low end say 30<80hz???

hmmmmmmmmm

I would prefer WSX.

Proven design with proven driver providing proven sub.

WSX+Xtro,  would look much more professional, and probably earn more hire outs, just by how they look.

Even though WSX+USB+MT121 would be almost invinvicible.LOL
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 5:35am
build some SBH and use the 18.00SW Ciare driver (latest version)
then go find a bomb shelter and hide
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>