Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

18sound bandpass design

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seehnav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 18sound bandpass design
    Posted: 29 October 2016 at 2:02pm
Hello guys!

And I was wondering if there are other cheaper drivers for this cabinet? (RCF , B&C) instead of the € 500+ driver from 18sound.

Many thanks! 

cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2016 at 8:29am
RCF LF18G401 works OK in bandpass designs I think. if you want to be 100% sure, you will have to run it through hornresp Thumbs Up
You can't polish a turd!
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2016 at 8:45pm
the box was designed around that driver, why would you think it could perform better with a cheaper driver. Stick to the driver it was designed to work with...
https://www.elements-audio.com
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2016 at 9:07pm
I don't think he wants it to run better, no mention of better in his post, I am assuming he is looking to find cheaper drivers that will work but will keep costs down, nothing wrong with that, not every one can afford 18 sound.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2016 at 10:07pm
true, but a box designed for the driver choice would perform better than a box not...
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2016 at 7:48am
Surely someone of your skills could run some simms with some cheaper drivers and help the guy out, isn't this Speakerplans where people share and help out?
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2016 at 11:11am
Intelligent place to start, would be to compare T/S specs of recommended driver with others.

However, real cheap drivers, never match up to high quality drivers, despite what specs say.

Maybe better to look at less complicated sub cab, that will work with range of drivers.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2016 at 4:46pm
BC 18SW115 will probably be the only drop in replacement i can think of.
Perhaps Oberton biggest 18s too.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2016 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

BC 18SW115 will probably be the only drop in replacement i can think of.
Perhaps Oberton biggest 18s too.

Think I would prefer 21" WSX, to that cab.LOL
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2016 at 5:14pm
I have never heard that cab, but if it gets to 101db only, with two of those drivers, then it has barely any gain in spl over a reflex driver made with those same drivers. 
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2016 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

Surely someone of your skills could run some simms with some cheaper drivers and help the guy out, isn't this Speakerplans where people share and help out?

err sorry thought I was helping.... if you want to use another driver look at a different design...
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2016 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

err sorry thought I was helping.... if you want to use another driver look at a different design...

C'mon Bee, surely master builder of your experience and expertise, would like to do all that for free !?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>