Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 PKNXE10000U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 PKNXE10000U
    Posted: 17 January 2017 at 1:33pm
We are going to have an exclusive opportunity to testing the very new (2017) XE10000U from PKN,
check it on our various speakers included MARTIN arrays, compare it to other amps like the XE6000 and Powersoft K10. I will share here our findings if you are interested.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 1:57pm
What exactly is new?
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 2:48pm
As i understood correctly, they have some new features in the software. Hardware seems to be the same as it was. But cant really say for sure, because i dont really know anyone that had those.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
m0gsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m0gsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 5:24pm
Let me guess Viktor, it's the best amp ever made?
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by m0gsi m0gsi wrote:

Let me guess Viktor, it's the best amp ever made?
quite the cynic i see LOL
You can't polish a turd!
patryk1305 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patryk1305 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 8:34pm
Straight up joykill LOL
nev23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nev23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 1:52pm
All amplifiers sound the same.

I think you will find that all the perceived differences between amplifiers disappear if they are all operated below clipping and below the point of any limiting or protection circuitry operating. In most installations, the dominant factor in the colour, oomph, guts or power of the sound is the limiter characteristics.

You're not listening to the amp, you're barely listening to the speakers, but you are definitely listening to the limiters. And maybe the music.

So the question really is: how many limiters are you using, and which one is having the most effect on the sound?

Nearly all amplifiers have some kind of over current or SOAR protection. If it is working correctly, the output power will be curtailed when driving loads at frequencies where those loads are highly reactive. This means that meaningful comparisons need to use not only the same loudspeakers, driven at the same level, but you need to ensure that the same recordings are being played at the same speed/pitch.

You don't get something for nothing. If an amp has protection that accurately prevents it fully driving loads that it can't cope with, it will last longer than an amp with less accurate protection.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 2:23pm
That is absolutely not true. And i have plots to prove you wrong. I just need to find them

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by nev23 nev23 wrote:

Cat, pigeons, thrown LOL
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 3:26pm
lol
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by darkmatter darkmatter wrote:

Cat, pigeons, thrown LOL

LOL Clap LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 3:18pm

While I respect your opinion... you're wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>