Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5000mf + 1U patch panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5000mf + 1U patch panel
    Posted: 24 October 2014 at 11:55pm
Im struggling to find one at a good price...

Soooo... even though i do love my matrix im thinking i may have to buy an SAE amp for bass instead.

Anyone have a 5000mf to keep my rack all matrix?

.... which leaves me 1 1U space under it all to put in a patch panel. 4x speakon (4pole) 3x XLR and 1 powercon......... can i buy these pre-punched?

Edited by mini-mad - 31 October 2014 at 4:21pm
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2014 at 1:28am
we just offloaded a 7000.  but give the Chinese a go they are really quite good not many secrets in that kind of Electronics anymore it's all Motorola or Onsemi either way or of course Reneses but not many other serious high power audio device manufacture going on. and these are what the big amps use same as the Chinese
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2014 at 2:23am
ok.... was looking at the pmx1450 but im not n on the fact its given that rating at 1% THD at 40ms burst. i know people rave about them but would this be fine for a pair of kappa LF pros/channel and still have headroom.

if i can get a deal on the 5000MF i would be happier... but if i cant i guess im kinda stuck with thte 1450 fr my budget.

SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2014 at 10:07am
I have no info or data on the units of which you speak. but my way of doing things is ignore the spec to some degree & worry about the subjective performance in real use.
not saying ignore completely just bear it in mind as guidance 
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2014 at 2:04pm
Fair play....
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2014 at 3:17pm
really is a "suck it n see" thing with audio  some kit has excellent specs but sound awful some are the opposite. specs can mean very little it is all about how it sounds as it is what we are actually interested in not how well it performs into a dummy load. that is more for the "Trainspotters" & "Anoraks" i do not listen to Dummy loads or test kit myself just Loudspeakers as a rule
we are shedding all our Matrix here as subjectively we have much better units to use. i considered modding them to improve them but cannot be bothered but may do it to the one that was the subject of "Stone Cold Matrix" thread to prove a point would only cost a few pounds to achieve that may be worth keeping then
moyano View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2014 at 8:50am
Matrix 7k mf for sale here.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2014 at 1:26pm
Iv got this covered now lads... cheers to everyone and all the PMs.
iv had to up my budget a fair amount but i should be getting an almost brand new one winging its way to me soon.

i'll get pictures of my rack up wen it turns up... with a few of my other smaller system racks in the correct thread.

aztec2step View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aztec2step Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2014 at 3:21pm
Got 1 almost unused (backup) 7kmf if that falls through
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2014 at 4:19pm
very very sorted!

thanks lads i had to up my budget a fair bit and got a 99% new XT5KMF!

its currently sitting in my daughters zombie fortress waiting to sit pride of place under the Xt1000 i use to run my tops.

.... which leaves me 1 1U space under it all to put in a patch panel. 4x speakon (4pole) 3x XLR and 1 powercon......... can i buy these pre-punched?

dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2014 at 4:30pm
el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2014 at 6:55am
with the 1450 I've been fine with it on pd1850 and rcf lf18n401. kappas would be plenty of headroom.

another mf would obviously be great for you though and they do turn up occasionally 2nd hand.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>