Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5th Order Bandpass

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unknown Enemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5th Order Bandpass
    Posted: 27 September 2009 at 6:50pm
Could anyone tell me what a 5th order bandpass looks like and how it works? Never heard of this before and quite interested in it. Smile
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 10:04pm
I didnt know you could get one?
I posted some info i got of jsg in a thread in the newbie section with some quotes and pics etc...
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 10:05pm
http://www.forum.speakerplans.com/bandpass-designs-explained_topic15854_post153405.html
Unknown Enemy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unknown Enemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 10:30pm
Thanks for the link. Smile

I had a little look around the net and I think this is 5th order. Just did a quick draw on paint.

jonminns View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonminns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 11:00pm
If it were as per that image, the cone would be firing straight into the top of the box??
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 11:22pm
Yeah and there would still be a really small sealed chamber on the other side of the cone, so it is exactly the same as any other 4th order design.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 10:59am
Yeah, pretty sure thats forth order.
jonminns View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonminns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 12:45pm
The land of make believe...
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 10:19am
These are real 5th order bandpass designs:

...and 7th order bandpass as well:
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Ibex Ibex wrote:

These are real 5th order bandpass designs:

Both 4th order.

Originally posted by Ibex Ibex wrote:

...and 7th order bandpass as well:

6th order I believe.
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 12:00pm
Adam how about that shaped port thing in those 4th order cabs? I mean there is normal shelf port but the hole in the front baffle is different shaped. Could it be the fifth order?
mrchay View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrchay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 1:01pm
you can make that hole any shape you want.
the reason its that shape on the deathbox isnt clear to me - I have made them with round holes and square slots, seems to make sod all difference (except the area of the hole affects LF cutoff and chuffing)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>