Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

above 4 scoop...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: above 4 scoop...
    Posted: 22 February 2010 at 8:19am
i'm really undecided about my new 4 mid bass to put over my 4 18" super scoop
the fight is between:
horns plan Vs reflex
and any way have advantage and disadvantage...

for shure i put one 15" b&c speaker on  it...wich model allready don't know...any suggestion very wellcome ;)
actually my scoop are cut at 100hz(i know that is not the best but i can't work on it for now) and for the upper cut of the 15" no prob i can set how i prefer...
up i've 4 12" actually on a double reflex box...

Imo:

horns: (hd15, hd215, any else?)
-very efficent
-necessary for a decent kick section (?)
-more wood and more time for building
-more money to spend
-i need an help for working on some parts...

reflex:
-easy to do
-easy to project (i've some one at b&c that can model for me a box)
-less wood and less time
-l don't need any help for building
-less efficent
-delay problems (?)

any help will be apreciated...

The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 9:42am
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 10:06am
i would go for the reflex boxes, if you use b&c and an amp that can give them enough power, u wont be disappointed, 4 x 15 reflex over scoops = good choice, and no delay problems between your system sections.
its less efficient than a horn, but again, you can just use a good amp and it would be fine.also maybe you dont need massive 100to200hz for the dub/roots you play

actually i built horns (es18) to go over scoops, but thats just cause i would use them as stand alone bass bins for live bands, 2 per side

http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 10:46am
http://www.freespeakerplans.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=64&jfile=viewtopic.php&f=16&t=989

is it for a fane speaker...so it's also good for a bc? wich one?
any one have try it?

kingdavid:
Ciao ;)
yes i know that bc needs more power than pd for example...
but afeter some test 18" neo bc vs 18" pd i've found that maybe is less aggressive but more musically...
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 11:13am
to me the sim of bootybass is pretty optimistic, first because is simmed like a scoop and not like a tapped horn, second because hr is optimistic because model the horn with round surfaces. In the forum there's some variations around the bootybass concept. I quote king david for reflex, no delay needed but more watt needed for the same pressure of a horn.

cheers, bitzo
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 12:05pm

is it for a fane speaker...so it's also good for a bc? wich one?
any one have try it?

i built a single driver version, test would be possible, but we live too far. and i used a sonora midbass driver,not b&c one(i dont have any 15 from b&c, sorry for that!
and yes i also have b&c and i love their sound, and for kind of dances i'm doing, 3 hogs/b&c loaded are enough and sound sweet, 4th hog still wait its first dance. also i found some deals on b&c, impossible to beat, pd1850 would be more than twice the price...
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 12:11pm
reflex are no fun

http://forum.speakerplans.com/straight-kick-horn-the-mule_topic35786_page1.html

Edited by mykey - 22 February 2010 at 12:35pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 12:56pm

yes, nice design and reflex arent that beautiful but natty maybe prefer something he can build by himselfClap

also i remember you advising 2 x 15" reflex in the old thread "battle of the scoop kick bins"Tongue
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 1:26pm
for the horns that's suggest mykey i've the same problem with all the rest of the horns plan:
angles angles angles!!!!!

so i can do by my self any project but i need helps for cutting angles!

also after some comment with someone who doing ts parm for big farm i can't trust in it!!!! so simulation for me aren't good at all, never! ;)
i trust just in my hears and i can say:

-hd are very good but i've heard it just with pd, so i don't know if it's still ok with some bc driver

-the last 15" reflex good that's i've heard are on Shilo's sound (something like the bc sub project but turbomax loaded maybe) but the noorth arena is really small so i don't know if i can trust in this test....and many sounds that have reflex are moved to horns.....
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by king david king david wrote:

i would go for the reflex boxes, if you use b&c and an amp that can give them enough power, u wont be disappointed, 4 x 15 reflex over scoops = good choice, and no delay problems between your system sections.
its less efficient than a horn, but again, you can just use a good amp and it would be fine.also maybe you dont need massive 100to200hz for the dub/roots you play

15" reflex above scoops, is simplistic solution, but in all honesty, "optimum" performance requires every cab above a scoop to be delayed appropriately.

1/2 USBs will be louder than 15s, and require less power/drivers to do it, and murder 15" reflex inside or out.

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by _Natty_ _Natty_ wrote:

also after some comment with someone who doing ts parm for big farm i can't trust in it!!!! so simulation for me aren't good at all, never! ;)

that's interesting....so you can obtain real prooved ts parameters, than sim a cab with that....than build the cab simmed and load it with the same driver with prooved parameters and if this guy have the equipment to measure the spl you can obtain the real scientific truth about simming.

_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 2:05pm
yes but also a softwere simulate it...isn't the truth again!
maybe relly near but i prefer my hear
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>