Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adobe Illustrator -Quadro SLI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adobe Illustrator -Quadro SLI
    Posted: 18 April 2017 at 2:58pm
I have an issue with Adobe illustrator, I have HP Z620s with Quadro K4200s in that run 3Ds Max fine but illustrator is a joke.

I have just ordered 4 P6000 (Ouch!) boards which leaves me with 4 K4200s, now I can add another K4200 to the remaining workstations in SLI.

Has anyone actually seen any benefit from an SLI rig with Adobe Illustrator or will it use just on GPU like Prem only use 20 core of CPU??

Please don't suggest gaming cards, we need Quadro for the Autodesk product which has no certified driver for 1080 etc...

Smile

empiresoundsystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote empiresoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 36 minutes ago at 5:48am
Are you using CC? I had to roll back to CC 2014 due to bugs galore, and turn off updates from the cloud. Adobe is riddled with them by default, so it's probably not even your machine. 
I've got that fed up before now that I've even considered defecting to a Corel package... 
Can you not use Fireworks/PS/ID as a get by, or do you need the toolset of AI?
Failed DJ and fumbling through the world of pro audio. Give me a thumb and make me feel better:
www.facebook.com/empireAVWorks
toastyghost View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 53 minutes ago at 7:31am
Illustrator is boolean maths so it's very much CPU focused. Beyond rendering the interface I don't think it even touches the GPU let alone supports SLI.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic