Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice on amps for new rig

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBovill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice on amps for new rig
    Posted: 27 March 2017 at 1:45am
Hi Guys

I'm just coming to the end of a build project and I am now looking for some advice regarding powering my cabinets. I have 2x Hogs (PD1850s) 2x svq186 bph (pd 186s) and 2x mt121s( P-Audio SN12MB  and P-Audio BMD750) 

My plan is to double the set up by the end of the year so a set up that would be able to handle that is what I am looking for.

I am planning on running it all through DBX driverack Pa2.

I know this has probably been discussed a hundred time on here so if even someone could point me towards the right thread that would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!
m0gsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m0gsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 8:50am
What's your budget?
JBovill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBovill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 3:47pm
My budget is fairly open for the right amps. say around the 3g mark would be good tho. 

Was thinking of going full void with infinate 8 (for hogs), infinate 7 (kicks) and an infinate 6(for mt121s)  would that be suitable? or what would you recommend instead?
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 7:07pm
theres a member on here selling some powesoft k8's

buy two of them job done use one for your hogs ,one side each for your kicks and tops on the other

when you double up the system then just buy a smaller powersoft for the tops or maybe a nice pkn2500/4000 as they sound very nice on tops and use one of the k8's each on bass and kick ,all 1u ,light weight and up to date technology

or you could speak to bee on here about the sae amps he supplies ,from all accounts great on bass and brand new to boot
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 7:34pm
Infinites sounds good on tops
 Post Reply Post Reply