Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Am I an eBay dreamer?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I an eBay dreamer?!
    Posted: 21 February 2017 at 10:22am
So I've got my logic x300 bins up on the bay of fleas at the moment with a start price of £450. Link is in the for sale section.

I've just had a chap message me and offer £350 and say that he would bid "if it were a reasonable price"

Am I well out on my estimation for my start price? I don't mind if it's a bit expensive, but am I dreaming?!
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 11:01am
450 seems more than reasonable to me, those are very good boxes.

I would ignore the offer. If you accept it, then you are selling outside of ebay and are vulnerable to the person turning up and doing the old "ive only got 300 quid on me...take it or leave it" type of scam.

As an alternative could try pricing them as say "500 buy it now" or "best offer". Then you are protected as a seller, and have flexibility over what you will take.

I think that the main thing is "do not rush to sell". Hold out for a fair price.
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 11:13am
Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

I think that the main thing is "do not rush to sell". Hold out for a fair price.

I agree - I'm not desperate to sell these yet - if my wife would let me, I'd have them in the living room, so I'm quite happy to relist them again if they don't sell and if they still don't sell, maybe come back in a month and try again.
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 11:26am
Original drivers are going to cost anyone a hundred pounds each plus at least a hundred for the cabs, particularly if you have the grills.

I would think someone is trying to low blow you. The 18's will sell for £800 ish a pair in good nick.

OOPS, 800 a pair, sorry.

Edited by midas - 23 February 2017 at 8:58am
In bass no one can hear you scream!
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 1:37pm
drivers in these cabs total a grand,.phl not cheap..was goin to just email with an even more ov a discount,.Big smile nice cabs..well worth the 450
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 1:42pm
Lots of people on ebay are pisstakers, ignore them. Do not reply to them!
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 1:42pm
The thing with eBay is sometimes you have to be a cheeky cant

If I make ten silly offers to people on kit and one of those ten people doesn't know what they've got and accepts the offer, who's a dreamer and who's just got a business brain?
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by BASSHORSE BASSHORSE wrote:

was goin to just email with an even more ov a discount,.Big smile

The bloke first messaged me and asked if I would accept £350 and I replied and said "Thanks for the message, but no.  If you are interested, please feel free to have a bid" - perfectly polite I thought.  He then came back this morning with (and this is a straight quote)

"Sorry but at a decent price I would bid, I already have, if your willing to do a deal send me your number 
                      then can have a chat "

Originally posted by spongebob spongebob wrote:

The thing with eBay is sometimes you have to be a cheeky cant

If I make ten silly offers to people on kit and one of those ten people doesn't know what they've got and accepts the offer, who's a dreamer and who's just got a business brain?

This is a fair point and I can see where you are coming from, but I think it was his follow up that annoyed me more than offering £350 in the first place!
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 1:47pm
edit : double reply

Edited by djgorey - 21 February 2017 at 1:48pm
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 2:11pm
his follow up wasn't rude tbh. no harm in taking a chance. don't ask don't get.

you can't expect everything to sell quickly though.. you'll have to hold out for the right buyer at the right time to get your price. and till then, just say no thanks repeatedly probably. that's how it goes.
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

his follow up wasn't rude tbh. no harm in taking a chance. don't ask don't get.

you can't expect everything to sell quickly though.. you'll have to hold out for the right buyer at the right time to get your price. and till then, just say no thanks repeatedly probably. that's how it goes.

I'm prepared to accept that I was just being over-sensitive and it is difficult to convey tone in an email Smile
70,s hero View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,s hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 2:39pm
Buying and selling is as always a spiky subject, after all money is involved, if someone has respect and appear to be genuine then I am prepared to have a deal but otherwise not, doesn't make much business sense but there it is, making an offer is fine unless your add states otherwise.

Edited by 70,s hero - 21 February 2017 at 2:45pm
Top banana
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>