Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amano -the legend-(compact scoop by Amano)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tda-audio_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amano -the legend-(compact scoop by Amano)
    Posted: 01 October 2013 at 3:52am
regard

on forum often saw work AMANO 1х18" 2х18" 4х12" and others work AMANO 

I have asked амано develop me compact scoop  12" and 15" with necessary me size and range 65-90hz (small renting)

here is that beside he was got in drawing

but adapted under itself and here is result.

very compact efficient scoop

finish edishion

simulatsion

real

and 12" Scoop by AMANO

dtb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2013 at 6:03pm
could someone help me with some of the panel sizes for the amano 12" scoop .
I think they should be 

sides 450x550 mm
top/bottom 450x304mm
back 512x304mm
baffle 315x304mm
first internal panel ? 228x304mm?????
second internal panel 193x304mm????
port shelf 310x304mm
port brace 310x197mm

got a sheet of mdf waiting to be cut just want to be sure i have it worked out right before i cut anything 

Edited by dtb - 03 October 2013 at 6:58pm
cassiya View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cassiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2013 at 9:58pm
Any plans for the rest of the Scoops? and what drivers are the 12 and 15????
Just because you got more boxes that don't make you a man....
tda-audio_2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tda-audio_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2013 at 3:21am
measurements -ciare 12.00sw\15.00sw (rubber)
dtb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2013 at 5:11pm
tda-audio_2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tda-audio_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2013 at 6:23pm
Scoop-Flex 12 vc Cubo 12

Scoop-Flex 15"
Ciare 15FXE4 vc 15.00SW (ruber)

MrNobody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrNobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2014 at 2:26pm
Hi guys!

I know this is an old thread, but as I want to give feedback on the 12" compact scoop by Amano, I think this is the best place to post it. 

So, I wanted to build a 12" subwoofer  for a 50m² garage we use a few times a year to party. The requirements were simple:

- No (or very low) budget
- Easy and quick to make
- Descent performances

Audio-grade wood is very expensive. So I've decided to use shuttering panels instead (the panels used for construction when you have to flow some concrete). They are made of 3 pli pinewood, are 25 to 30 mm width, and very rigid.

But, as their standard with is 50 cm, I had to choose a compact design. That's why I've chosen this compact scoop.

For the speaker, I 've used an old 12" Monacor 175w (rms). 

I've adapted the dimensions (+/- 10%) from the original plan to have the fewest cuts to make. So, I think it's not perfectly sound optimized anymore, but as I don't even know the Fs and Qts of the speaker I've put in it, I don't care. 

The build time took 3 hours, gluing and painting included.

Here is the result:

Here is the plan:

I've used one 2.5m board of shuttering wood and some spare wood I've found at home. (price: 15 $) With one board you can build the whole external enclosure. The spare wood was used for the acoustic circuit inside. The pieces of wood are glued and screwed together.

I've tested it with one channel of an old BST 2x150 Wrms amplifier, connected to the sub output of a Behringer equalizer, with crossover at 125 Hz. The result is... well.... better than expected. The bass is clean, deep, but could be a little more punchy. With an equalizer, you can easily correct that by putting a few dB more between 80 and 100 Hz. 

But for sure, for the 50m² garage it will be powerful enough to make some objects drop from their shelves :-). I have no tools for sound measurement so I cannot give you more information.

If you want to build a very cheap and compact 12" subwoofer out of shuttering panels, this is the best design I've found on the internet. And the result sounds good enough.

ODea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2014 at 3:32pm
Where's the 18" plan? 
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2014 at 3:57pm
Well, you have used to worst wood possible for a speaker, although it would be even worse if it was sealed, so lets hope, as the cab is open ended, that you get something decent out of it. Soft wood with grain is usually a no no with speakers.
By the way, I love the fridge grills on the front.

Edited by TONY.A.S.S. - 06 March 2014 at 4:07pm
MrNobody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrNobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2014 at 2:10am
Thx for the remark! The grills in front of it are from an old hamster cage ;-) I'm aware that the choice of the components, including the speaker itself, were heavily constrained by the budget. 

I've used it a whole night for mixing with 2 active 12" speakers at loud volume, and it actually works well, with a real infra bass response and with clean and round bass overall, without any noticeable parasitic noises. Maybe the fact that it's loaded only with a 175 Wrms speaker limits the bad wood problems.

That's just my opinion. It's the first time I try to build a speaker, and I don't have another sub to compare it with. For my needs (installation in a garage), it is perfect. But if i build another one, I'll put some money for better wood, and better grills ;-)

TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2014 at 8:16am
At there end of the day, you have to be happy yourself with you efforts irrespective of anything else, and if it sounds good, it is good.
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2014 at 10:45am
Hamsters are happy. They have now run away
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>