Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amateur Rigs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 38394041>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrd999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2015 at 1:38pm
Yeah,love them man ! Peavey is the next one to get moved on,just use that for running the Mega cabs,which I fitted with a passive x-over,on the output,which I link out to run the Jbl flares.
Did have 2,but turned one on one afternoon and it spontaneously combusted.
Have you ever seen a Zoffmusic Comet before ?
It's a sweet amp,great for bass,guessing it's 1.2k,it sounds so warm.
Hopefully,the qsc will still be around come the weekend,so will be using that to run the 4 Cubo's.
This is just a little hobby of mine.
Hopefully be out and about doing some more free parties soon...And possibly Scumting else Wink 
What goes around, comes around
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2015 at 5:19pm
  I used to run my old rig off a pair of xr3801's on bass and a pair of ppx900's on mid and top, sounded superb. I had HD's too and still miss the punch in the chest they gave, the dual 18's I've got now are a better all round bass cab but they don't have that 'in your face' sound of a pile of HD's.

Edited by njw - 14 September 2015 at 5:20pm
Mrd999 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrd999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2015 at 5:43pm
Would love another xr3801 and yes the Hd's are brutal,I'm not really supposed to be buying anything else,lol,but would love a couple more,would probably also mean,I would need a bigger van.
I have the PPx running the 2 Cubo's on bridge,have had the vc's smacking the magnets,on the  Beyma's,had that all running upstairs at home and it wasn't long before people were knocking on the door,who I didn't hear,left a note.
Shakes the house.
Recently got the berry dcx,so have that to set up yet.
What goes around, comes around
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2015 at 12:57pm

This was mine from about 1996 onwards... the bass bins are repurposed big reds. Stripped the carpet off and stuck a new baffle on with dual 4in ports and a 15" jobbie. The tops WERE just straight wired piezo and 12" driver til i stuck in a crossover and now they sound a billion times better!. Dont get me wrong, she may look a bit ugly but she does kick out a good sound and have played a number of house parties with many complaits..... from people on the same street! Lol.

But sadly.... now i need the room back in my lock up so she has to go.

.... stupid sideways picture!

Edited by mini-mad - 05 November 2015 at 12:58pm
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
GEB View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 9:13am
Room in your lock up for what Mini-mad? More speakers should be the correct answer!
GEB View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 9:58am
My little amateur rig (additional Cubo cabs in the pipeline)

Bottom to top: Cubo18's P-Audio E18-ELF loaded (42-90hz), Bass reflex P-Audio E12-300S loaded (90-200hz), Sealed Fane Sov 8-225 (200-2.8k), P-Audio 1" D25S (2.8-20k)

Mainly used as home music system, occasionally goes out though.

DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 10:30am
Originally posted by GEB GEB wrote:

My little amateur rig (additional Cubo cabs in the pipeline)

Bottom to top: Cubo18's P-Audio E18-ELF loaded (42-90hz), Bass reflex P-Audio E12-300S loaded (90-200hz), Sealed Fane Sov 8-225 (200-2.8k), P-Audio 1" D25S (2.8-20k)

Mainly used as home music system, occasionally goes out though.

I like that a lot, looks really smart.

Dupe...
Dupe...
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 11:17am
Whats the layout of the 12" box?
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 11:30am
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

Dont get me wrong, she may look a bit ugly but she does kick out a good sound and have played a number of house parties with many complaits..... from people on the same street! Lol.

We're the complaints about the sound quality :P

Edited by RUS - 06 November 2015 at 11:32am
GEB View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by bitSmasher bitSmasher wrote:

Whats the layout of the 12" box?

Just a simple reflex, baffle rescessed 15cm, braces on the front. Nothing exciting or special, just wanted it the same footprint as the cubo's. The box wasn't calculated, it was a case of "build a couple of cabs, play around with internal volume and ports, see what sounds good" and build a final version.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by RUS RUS wrote:

Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

Dont get me wrong, she may look a bit ugly but she does kick out a good sound and have played a number of house parties with many complaits..... from people on the same street! Lol.

We're the complaints about the sound quality :P

lol... no... i have managed to get it to sound quite good. Padded the piezos a little and cut the 12 at 3.5k to meet them. The bins take over around 130-140ish and wen wacked up can sound quite good.
not the worlds best rig, but it does work well!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by GEB GEB wrote:

Room in your lock up for what Mini-mad? More speakers should be the correct answer!

yes.... for more speakers. Well, different projects but its all the same thing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 38394041>