Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

APEX2181

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 27>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2013 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by apexaudio apexaudio wrote:

I find this dual 12inch folded horn over 20 years old Smile

Almost identical to the horn folding that Fane used in their designs over 30 years ago.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
apexaudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apexaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2013 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

Almost identical to the horn folding that Fane used in their designs over 30 years ago.

FANE folded horns is for 15" and 18" drivers, it's similar but you can't find any plans for 12" folded horn on the net Wink

Edited by apexaudio - 29 March 2013 at 2:32pm
Mile Slavkovic
BP1Fanatic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BP1Fanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2013 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

THAT is a beautiful looking subwoofer enclosure! 
apexaudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apexaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2013 at 2:56pm
Hybrid horn also can be made to be symetrical, but it's to large for me.

Edited by apexaudio - 31 March 2013 at 4:55pm
Mile Slavkovic
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2013 at 9:12pm

you can't find any plans for 12" folded horn on the net Wink

Right, because the LAB sub was just a figment of our imagination. Punisher too....
apexaudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apexaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2013 at 12:04am
Originally posted by DMorison DMorison wrote:

Right, because the LAB sub was just a figment of our imagination. Punisher too....

You can't find any plans for 12" folded horn on the net similar to FANE for 15" and 18".
Size of my 12" folded horn is 58x58x36cm and 58x58x68cm for dual 12" folded horn box.
Regards

Edited by apexaudio - 30 March 2013 at 12:42am
Mile Slavkovic
ychole audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ychole audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2013 at 11:56am

Originally posted by DMorison DMorison wrote:

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">You can't find any plans for 12" folded horn on the net similar to FANE for 15" and 18".</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Size of my 12" folded horn is 58x58x36cm and 58x58x68cm for dual 12" folded horn box.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Regards</span>

So fane just copied that design idea (folding) of yours and modifed it for thier 15 & 18 inch drivers?or vice versa?
I am ZERIEL'S dad!!!
apexaudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apexaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2013 at 12:48pm
There is some basic designs of front loaded folded horns, nobody copy others designs just use same basic type of folded horn with different dimensions.

Edited by apexaudio - 31 March 2013 at 4:56pm
Mile Slavkovic
jerronimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerronimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Ody Ody wrote:

Fair enough mate. Really no intetion on advertising stuff. Its just that technologies like the yamaha you metioned or ipal or sencor controlled they really move in a progressive and alternative way pushing the boundaries. And as the Diy audio community have contribute in signifacant levels in the progression of audio systems design it can be only a good think when new technologies fall on the table of discussion even if they are a bit off topic.

Cheers and respect for the effort and spirit you put in your work.

New technologies?
Funny thing is philips designed a similar system 40 years! ago called motional feedback.
Way ahead of it's time I suppose.
apexaudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apexaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2013 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by jerronimo jerronimo wrote:

Originally posted by Ody Ody wrote:

Fair enough mate. Really no intetion on advertising stuff. Its just that technologies like the yamaha you metioned or ipal or sencor controlled they really move in a progressive and alternative way pushing the boundaries. And as the Diy audio community have contribute in signifacant levels in the progression of audio systems design it can be only a good think when new technologies fall on the table of discussion even if they are a bit off topic.

Cheers and respect for the effort and spirit you put in your work.

New technologies?
Funny thing is philips designed a similar system 40 years! ago called motional feedback.
Way ahead of it's time I suppose.

Agree, there is nothing new in speakers system technologies in past 50 years.
Regards
Mile Slavkovic
ychole audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ychole audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2013 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

ok got it...this is your dimension for a 12" and the folding came from fane?

I am ZERIEL'S dad!!!
apexaudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apexaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2013 at 4:23am
You can squeeze FANE 15" or 18" folded horn and you can see there is nothing similar to my 12" horn. Folding and all dimensions will be completely different, chamber is different and horn mouth is different. There is nothing from FANE. 
On the other hand you can find many identical folded horns compare to first on my draw and  nobody will not  say "it's Cerwin Vega clone".
My horn design is original, it's very small and can be usefull to many people. I not expect anyone thanks to me just don't boring me with that talk about clones.
And if someone use some of my idea for his own design I don't mind, also I will use any good idea from other people to upgrade my projects. I want good practical and usefull bass box no need to be original design with my signature. 
I share my project and ideas to help others not for self promotion.
Regards

Edited by apexaudio - 31 March 2013 at 4:50am
Mile Slavkovic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 27>