Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barricuda Pre Amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuttinraza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2016 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by dj jammin dj jammin wrote:

A few ive seen have had phono sockets on the back, (maybe added on) also see you got the jack socket for bass slider on the diagram, couldnt see it in the photo. Does anyone use this feature anymore?? 

Wats a bass slider??
streekz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streekz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2016 at 3:25pm
i took ours to be serviced due to various ppl in the sound having it through its life and wasnt sure what was working, the guy who looked at it found out it had been fiddled about with from original spec which is why i have that photo layout to show the change
cuttinraza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuttinraza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2016 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by streekz streekz wrote:

i took ours to be serviced due to various ppl in the sound having it through its life and wasnt sure what was working, the guy who looked at it found out it had been fiddled about with from original spec which is why i have that photo layout to show the change

Kool, ill have to play arround an work fings out then.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuttinraza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 10:52pm
It works! Wat a wicked sound seems like the next level! Few problems wiv the pots tho as most importantly the bottom two mid treb sweeps sound like the musik underwater. Guna strip it down an intensely clean em tom.............
Roll on tom eve .......
Jah
streekz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streekz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 12:28pm
aint nothing play like barracuda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuttinraza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 2:17pm

Yeh Man!
Cleaned all pots an works like a dream now the phazer brings out the tops like summin else!! 😊😊😊😊😊
The sends are sends an not wat the diagram i got says which is an echo......
Any other hidden features??
The 3 way kill for the phaser i think needs replacing as i can kill the phaser an bring it back in....... Unless thats the way it works??????
Thanks for all ur help bro.....
Im blown away by the dept of bass using the bass hardener. My tubbys is now surplace but not for sale!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuttinraza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 2:26pm

Oh yeh can u use any of the inputs for a mixer signal??
Im using the third gain below the mid kill!!??
Bless
streekz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streekz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 7:00pm
not on ours if you look at the description text in photo channel one is a phono only connection using red n white phonos the other two channels are both line and phono but can only connect either line or phono not both together and are connected via "Y" phono leads to sum your twin phono leads to one

the tops phaser may operate the same as ours there is a description about it in photo text also

Edited by streekz - 26 July 2016 at 7:02pm
p-ranx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p-ranx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 12:44pm
I have the same Barracuda pre amp , had it since 1991 still works fine could do with a couple of pots replaced but still going well , iam looking to get a mostec as its the nearest thing to a Barry pre amp
p-ranx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p-ranx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 12:48pm
https://youtu.be/_bOsuD_D4JY - https://youtu.be/_bOsuD_D4JY clip on youtube testing out a G-Sub I was building , heavy sound .
p-ranx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p-ranx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 12:51pm
true words , had mine for years and still going strong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuttinraza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by p-ranx p-ranx wrote:

true words , had mine for years and still going strong

Yo Ras,
I noticed u using the send gain to echo the music......
Have u got a delay in the chain so u get that effect??
Blesz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>