Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best cart/stylus for Technics 1210 mk2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 10:18am
I came to that conclusion based on Google searches, if you have links to the best combos to achieve my goals using this deck please kindly share, it is afterall the reason why I chose to post here.   

I don't wana take the 2m blue out due to its price tag not because I don't have faith in its capabilities.
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 10:23am
Denon DL-110
Aurora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 10:26am
I use a Pickering XV-15 and it sounds great, have used the Ortofon Qbert, very loud cartridge and digs the bass like nothing else, perhaps a bit duller in the mid-high range though.
yat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 10:33am
Wow Denon DL 110 , just looked at it!
1.6mv seem like ultra low output?

Edited by yat - 24 February 2017 at 10:34am
yat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 10:35am
Xv-15 fits a standard Technics headshell I assume?

Edited by yat - 24 February 2017 at 10:43am
empiresoundsystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote empiresoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 10:38am
I always loved Tonar Banana's or Shure. 
Failed DJ and fumbling through the world of pro audio. Give me a thumb and make me feel better:
www.facebook.com/empireAVWorks
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 10:47am
Originally posted by yat yat wrote:

I don't wana take the 2m blue out due to its price tag not because I don't have faith in its capabilities.

Its always a compromise between sound quality, durability and price point. If youre afraid of taking out a 200€ cartridge you already have, maybe you dont care that much about the sound quality. 220€ is not that much expensive for a good phono cart. Personally the highest end stuff i own is a grado 1006. But Some people drop 3k€ on a cartridge and uae that to play out.

Edited by bob4 - 24 February 2017 at 10:48am
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 10:50am
Damn, still using 500ALmk2....

I'll get my coat.

(Ortofon is what we stock for sale, as Stanton has just gone nuts with ease of distribution, shure to order)
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 10:53am

Wow Denon DL 110 , just looked at it!
1.6mv seem like ultra low output?

if you got a decent phono pre then your good to go,.the output is higher than the specs say,,so the reviews say,.but if its quality your after then these are the one's,,csg on here knows his stuff & says ther are sweet,.im going to get one soon as cash flow permits..aint really likin the shures, m44's..had 3 sets of them now over the years & as bright as they are,.thers something lackin in ther sound,.moving coil for me next.

Edited by BASSHORSE - 24 February 2017 at 10:57am
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 11:01am
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

Damn, still using 500ALmk2....

I'll get my coat.

(Ortofon is what we stock for sale, as Stanton has just gone nuts with ease of distribution, shure to order)

& ive got a nice set ov these,500's,& to my ears,,i like them more than the shures the more i listen to um,,had them years ago,but had a couple of me mate as he changed up..but the shures am too boosty boosty,,i think you can tell more when the systems all half decent,.but most folk just want loud!..dont need a cartridge to boost the bass & tops as the system duz that,..coats on Smile

Edited by BASSHORSE - 24 February 2017 at 11:04am
yat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 11:02am
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

Its always a compromise between sound quality, durability and price point. If youre afraid of taking out a 200€ cartridge you already have, maybe you dont care that much about the sound quality. 220€ is not that much expensive for a good phono cart. Personally the highest end stuff i own is a grado 1006. But Some people drop 3k€ on a cartridge and uae that to play out.

Remember I'm using a 1210 dj deck. Would it actually be worth dropping serious cash on a cart when using this deck. That's the question.
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 11:05am
yes,.up to certain grade..ie..out ov the dj bracket!..but not ott hi-fi boff either,..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>