Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Mid Bass Box for Super Scoops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Mid Bass Box for Super Scoops
    Posted: 22 August 2016 at 6:22pm
Hello again. 

Whats your recommendations on mid bass boxes for super scoops. 

Thanks.

midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 7:14pm
ASS BS1200
In bass no one can hear you scream!
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 8:08pm
Thanks. Indeed very good bins i will suggest.

Any other suggestions? How do the es18's hd15's compare? 15" enough over 18" super scoops? 

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 22 August 2016 at 8:09pm
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by midas midas wrote:

ASS BS1200

What's highest xover frequency for BS1200, with ideal driver?

Some prefer ultra smooth 15" reflex, but lower efficiency.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 8:56pm
they're spec'd / recommended to play to 150. i never thought they sounded perfect up at the top of that though.
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 9:28pm
Why dont you give a description of the type of sound you are after, frequency response you wish to olay it from and music genres you will play. Without any of that we could quite literally name hundreds and hundreds of boxes.
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 12:55am
selenium hb1505c1 straight expo horns :p
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 8:06am
I'm no sound engineer, I have a dated experience now running a system when i was in my teens but i would have thought the scoops would be run 32-90hz and mid tops from 200/230-2khz. And i believe the genre of music to be mostly reggae/dub. 

The issue with the hd15's is depth and dont prove to be very good for stacking mid tops. 

Not finding much info on the selenium hb1505c1. 

Thoughts on the Peavey FH-2?

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 9:22am
Originally posted by SouthwestCNC SouthwestCNC wrote:

I'm no sound engineer, I have a dated experience now running a system when i was in my teens but i would have thought the scoops would be run 32-90hz and mid tops from 200/230-2khz. And i believe the genre of music to be mostly reggae/dub. [

The issue with the hd15's is depth and dont prove to be very good for stacking mid tops. Not finding much info on the Peavey FH-2?

You'll find, almost no hornloaded kick bin, will do a decent job, of 90-200hz.
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 10:08am
but if it has to be hornloaded for efficiency, for crying out loud, please just build a traditional front loaded horn with sealed rear chamber, and not a bandpass horn.
Best regards,
Teun.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Teunos Teunos wrote:

but if it has to be hornloaded for efficiency, for crying out loud, please just build a traditional front loaded horn with sealed rear chamber, and not a bandpass horn.

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 10:47am
Thanks for your replies, ultimately i'm just looking for advice to share with a client what they go for  is really down to them but i will share that front loaded horn maybe the way to go. 

Mid tops could go lower down to 180hz in which case is a bandpass horn still not a good choice? Efficency requirement would be simply to match the super scoops, if a front loaded reflex would do it great or would the throw fall short of the scoops so a horn is the better option. Just gaining some understanding here. Thanks

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 23 August 2016 at 10:53am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>