Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best suited box for 18Sound 15MB1000 Speaker?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie narine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best suited box for 18Sound 15MB1000 Speaker?
    Posted: 18 June 2017 at 7:06pm
Looking for best suited box for 18Sound 15MB1000 speaker?
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 3:55am
check for the X15 in the plans section
Richie narine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie narine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 8:05am
Thanks for the reply...The X15 is a horn loaded box...I prefer a box that is just for the speaker...
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 10:23pm
The X15 is a reflex box, NOT horn loaded. Yes it has a horn in it, but that is for HF.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie narine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 12:54am
Ok...thanks for the info....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie narine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 1:00am
Is it possible to just use the speaker alone in the box?
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 8:34am
you just want a bass speaker?

what do you want it for?

more information will help people suggest things to you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie narine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 9:47am
I want it for low mids/mid bass...
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 10:02am
You might get better responses if you give more info. E.g. what bass cabinets you'll be using them with, what mid-hi cabs, what amps, the frequency range (in Hz) that you're hoping to cover.

Yes you could make the X15 and simply cover up the hole where the high frequency horn would go. You may need to reduce the internal volume to compensate for the space that would have been taken up by the A HF horn. However you probably don't want a trapezoidal box for this application anyway, so it'd probably be better to make a rectangular box that replicates the internal volume and port length / area of the X15 if that's the sort of thing you want.

Edited by darkmatter - 20 June 2017 at 10:21am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie narine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 10:55am
I want a box for the 18sound 15MB1000 speaker....I have a QSC RMXA4050 power amplifier and a DBX 260 DRIVERACK ....looking to play between 40hz to 60hz...Hoping to used two speakers in one box....roughly 100liters internal volume...

Edited by Richie narine - 20 June 2017 at 10:58am
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 11:47am
40 - 60 Hz is an incredibly narrow frequency range and would normally be described as 'bass' rather than low mids / mid bass. What speakers are you using above and below i.e. what subs and what high frequency speakers?

I suspect you probably want something like this: http://www.forum.poweraudio.ro/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=9948

You would need to adjust the internal volume and port dimensions to suit the drivers, you can use software such as WinISD or Hornresp to model this using the Thiele / Small (t/s) parameters of the driver.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie narine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 12:45pm
@ Darkmatter...thanks....This is the design i am looking for....www.forum.poweraudio.ro/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=9948...I am using two of the same 18sound 15mb1000
In one box...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>