Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beyma SB18 building pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSolito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 8:15pm
thanks !

I'm planning to build 2 sb18's with beyma 18p1000nd driver.

I will use 18mm birchply but i thought it would still be necessary to support because of the power this enclosure will have to handle with ?

I'm still looking for some building pic's because i'm interested in ways of construction because of the angled construction of the interior.

Ohw very interesting..! Do you know if any other 18inch eminence speakers would do just fine?

Thanks alot !
MrSolito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSolito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 9:17pm
Pope, one little (probably stupid) question:

The dimensions in the CAD file are in mm but they're accurate to 1/100 of a mm.

Is there any file with 'sawable' dimensions or may I just round to mm's ?

I'm now adding some more dimensions and corners to the CAD file so I can start making my sawplan end of the week.  
pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 11:34pm
1/100 mm! Smile I got the sheets of birchply pre cut at my local lumberyard. 1 mm is OK! It´s not rockets we are building. LOL. I used one side of the cab an draw a 1/1 sketch where all pieces should come. I think this is the most easiest way to get all angles correct if you don´t have a CNC tool of course. I´m using a Festool circlesaw with a ruler
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:27am
similar design to the EV T-18 and SB180
Sticks n Stones
MrSolito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSolito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 12:50am
First building pics ! Prepared speakermounting and handles. The first plate is glued and screwed to one side. More pics when cab is finished

Edited by MrSolito - 07 January 2011 at 1:06am
MrSolito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSolito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 11:05pm
One cab finished a few days ago, next cab will be ready in a few weeks.

Last building pics and finished pictures of sb18

Greetz!

Only have to fix the grill, foam is already cut at size

login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 1:49am
very neat build, Thumbs Up would love to hear some of these one day. 
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
MrSolito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSolito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 3:06pm
tested my 2 new sb18 cabs with beyma 18P1000nd driver.

Not yet powered at max, my current strongest amplifier can only handle about 600watts/8ohm /channel.

Going to check out some Amcrons MA1200 next week, they would do just fine in bridge mode. 980 watts/amplifier so 1 amplifier for each cab.

However, I tested them at somewhere around 600 watts this weekend...
When standing in front of the cab, it's like a windturbine and definitely really nice bass !

audioalliance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audioalliance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 3:55pm
great look my friend.... hope you love the sound of the sb18's as much as i do...
http://www.myspace.com/audioalliance
music is our mission
moyojojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyojojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 11:23am

Hi.

What about 18P1000Fe in SB18?

daywalk3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daywalk3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by moyojojo moyojojo wrote:

Hi.

What about 18P1000Fe in SB18?

Sims almost exactly like the 18P1200, even cone displacement per watt. The rear chamber volume difference due to different magnets will probably also has negligible effect on the final result. Though the 18P1000Fe has a somewhat lower x-max and 200W less power handling, but it should be fine if not pushed hard and high-passed properly (roughly @35-40Hz).
JuliOLT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliOLT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 6:55pm
Just tried to build one of these with 18P1200Nd. First impression was "WTF? this enclosure didn't sounds any like peoples said in this topic" there was lack of low's while played some dubstep (before i used 18P1200Nd in vented box, which played down to ~30Hz). The things are changed when tried to play some house or techno music, especial when i walk about 40m away :) then i get impressed, still no lower than 40Hz but it kicks real nice and the sound presure were realy higher compare to vented enclosure. Now im going to build 2nd enclosure to try... if it fits to me, then i'll put vented away :) Maybe anyone measured how low can go 2 or 4 SB18's? Thanx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>