Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BFM omni top 12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BFM omni top 12
    Posted: 22 July 2014 at 8:34pm
After been shown the new version of the BFM ( i have the 2x12" old version) im quite liking them for various reasons, i am in need of more mid as im doubling up on my Hd15s (soon to be 12).

Im currently running a 1.5" comp on a big horn and i know the omnitops are designed to run lots of pizeos and i will need more than the 1.5 when ive added mmore HDs.

what i was thinking is perhaps still run the horn ontop of 4 omnitops and have some kind of  tweeter array or similar on 2 of the boxes....

would this work for me, or am i way off, vocal clarity is quite important..

I dont think ive ever heard a peizo (not knowingly anyway)

cheers rich 

http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/OmniTop12.html
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 9:12pm
I've read on the BFM forum that these are recomended....

Are these going to sound pants?
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by nuclearbass nuclearbass wrote:

I've read on the BFM forum that these are recomended....

Are these going to sound pants?

Imagine a bunch of piezo's crossed at 2.5ish Khz...

If your HF can't keep up with 3x Omnitop i'd try a nice beefy CD like the BMS coax on a big horn.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 10:07pm
i have P-Audio SD-740N's they start sounding stressed when turned up to slightly over power the current twin 12"...

and i honestly dont think ive ever heard any piezos!!!

there is an option on the omni top plan to build a horn into the front of the cab rather than a array of piezos

one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 10:16pm
One of the BFM forum members is based in Bristol. He has the Omnitops with tweeter arrays and is doing free parties with them.

Maybe you can arrange an oportunity to listen to them. His BFM forum name is 'escapemcp'
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 10:24pm
Thanks mate, he's quite a travel from me but I'll definitely drop him a PM
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 12:21am
I was under the impression that the 2/12 could use 24 piezo,s or 2 #1 horns
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 1:06am
Better compression driver might be the easiest solution?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 6:53am
Originally posted by bitSmasher bitSmasher wrote:

Better compression driver might be the easiest solution?

your probably right there, i do need more mids tho as the the 12s i have now just about keep up with 3 hd15s each, 

im leaning towards 3-4 single 12" boxes aside now, maybe the answer is another set of compas and horns the same as what i have now or like you say better comps...

What kind of comps are going to keep up with 4 12" boxes?

one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 10:02am
I´ve got 2 x 12" + 2" boxes with P-Audio SN-12B´s & BDM 750´s. The 2" has no problem keeping up.  Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 9:15pm
Any recommendations on what I could swap the piezo's for, even if it's in conjunction with the 1.5" I already have
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
b grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2014 at 5:22am
Can you just add more of what you already have so you don't have to deal with the annoyance of mismatched Comps on the same band?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>