Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bits and bobs for starter system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoombini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bits and bobs for starter system
    Posted: 08 June 2017 at 6:53pm
Looking for bargain/cheap

Amps
Crossovers
Cables
Drivers
Tweeters
etc

I want to build an affordable and compact system that can be used in my studio, for small parties and to add to friends rigs.

I have been looking at stuff like cookiedj's compact system found at the later part of this thread 'The beginning of Bliss Soundsystem': http://forum.speakerplans.com/topic92433_post987206.html#987206

Unless I can settle with two large midtops, like cookie, I thought to build two 12/15" subs and two 8/10" + 1" midtops?

Depending on what you got I have found some reasonably priced Fane Sovereign 12" and 8" from Blue Aran and a £50 compression driver and horn from Lean

If I were to use this and follow cookies design I would be down 310, I was hoping to do the whole lot on 500... I will try to sell some more stuff and see If I can get some more together so I can build this for summer free parties!

Ideally, I would like something that will sound okay making music in my bedroom but could also pack a punch at a house party or provide for a (really) small rave.

I have access to a workshop so can build cabinets and racks myself, unless there are deals that are cheaper than materials.

Bests

boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2017 at 7:33pm
JBL 4730A £250 for the pair. I've advertised them on gum tree I'd you want to see photos and a description.
supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 7:16am
I've got a pair of outline mid tops which might work for you. They have a fibreglass horn, B&C compressions, do not have the 10" mid driver.
Bought for a renovation project that was never completed. Excellent quality ply boxes. £170

Also have a pair of great condition Ev sx80. £150 pair
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 7:38am
If you want a 2 speaker system.

Nexo MS series, either the msic or msiv. They are a twin 15, a twin 7 and 1 inch. You do need the processor, but they sound lovely and are big enough to look like a proper system.

In bass no one can hear you scream!
 Post Reply Post Reply