Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boombox/case build finished!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 9:12am
Originally posted by iboominate iboominate wrote:

Originally posted by Shortrope Shortrope wrote:

Interesting lads...thanks!
Hey shortrope i like your boomcase ! and i think its awsome , i want to make my own and repurpose really hq desktop speakers i have , KLIPSH ones but im having some problems getting the wiring right , your project is whats closest to my goal so could i get some help with a diagram?

Here is where i stand:

Since my desktop speakers were really HQ , ive decided to use the speakers own amp , so basically im turning 2 speakers into one 12v boomcase with bluetooth functionality 

so my goals are:

-Both Bluetooth and Aux inputs(dont know how to have two inputs since only one 3.5 input one the amp )

- Battery powered recheargeable (12v sla)

-Currently amp has (Line Input,low gain output for headphones and other output one i dont know )

-the amp powers itself from a huge & heavy  square power supply (i want it just to be a normal cable with ps inside the boomcase) with these specs:

INput:120V ~ 60hz 450mA

Output:+- 18v = 834mA

SO: i can solve the bluetooth problem with a module i have by just pluggin in the 3.5 to the amp and leaving it inside the box BUT (how could i also use that as a 3.5 input also ?  )

-and power the bluetooth module thru the 12v wiring with a 12 to 5v stepdown but i wouldnt know where to wire it to!

- As for power i have no idea how to power the board with a battery and ac mains (and switch between them)

-how to dial in the 834Ma output in the Ps You used  

these are the specs fot the speakers im trying to convert:

http://www.klipsch.com/promedia-ultra-2-0-computer-speaker-system/details - http://www.klipsch.com/promedia-ultra-2-0-computer...

Thanks all help possible is appreciated

Hey...I'm not really the man to help with your power supply questions as I'm no expert and I've been learning as I go.
You'll need a relay that switches between the battery and mains, there's quite a bit of info about this in my Boomcase build thread.
As far as having the input on one 3.5mm jack goes, you'll need a switched jack which will turn off the Bluetooth module when you plug in.
Again, I'm no expert but I know this is how other folks do it and hopefully they'll post up here.
My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Edd Jordan Edd Jordan wrote:

Awesome Build, super tidy and fantastic looking. like mini mad said you will be the dad of the year. 
Clap 

Thanks man...the kids love em alright and they're used a lot!!

I've got to eliminate the interference when charging an iPod off them though, it's the only problem with them.
roubi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roubi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 11:56am
Neutrik NTE 4
Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 12:09pm

[/QUOTE]

Thanks man...the kids love em alright and they're used a lot!!

I've got to eliminate the interference when charging an iPod off them though, it's the only problem with them.
[/QUOTE]

You need one of these 

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=MON064370&browsemode=category

I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 12:57pm
Ahhh...cool! I was wondering if one of those would do the trick.
Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 1:17pm
should do only realy helps if your 5v power for the iphono isnt putting crazy amounts of noise into the earth. i use them on my projects alot they do the job when using a 12v car cigarette lighter charger and they kick out some noise! 

I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
iboominate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iboominate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 4:04am
What relay did you use exactly im searching and i see lots of types ?

can you give me a diagram of the wiring you did ? i cant tell much by the pictures , just a simple handwritten one will suffice 

thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iboominate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 4:31am
found some info , i still cant tell what specific relay is used but at least i know the type now  heres the link for other ppl  haing same q`s as me  http://forum.speakerplans.com/tips-for-kids-boom-build-please_topic83577_page2.?KW=relay - http://forum.speakerplans.com/tips-for-kids-boombox-build-please_topic83577_page2.html?KW=relay
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 9:03am
The Neutrik increases the signal, which isn't necessary if the gain is set properly. In that case you could just get a groundloop jsolator on ebay for a couple of bucks. Essentially it's just a 1:1 input trafo.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iboominate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 10:04am
Lutkeveld could you help me out ? i have no idea how to wire my rig up by using shortropes same power anc charging setup! i just need a basic scheme to follow and what relay to use and how to wire it up ive learned alot by searching but i still havent (think ) found a suitable relay .

I tried following the picture but wires are still confusing

lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 12:58pm
If you could give all your goals and details I'll make a schematic when I'm home this afternoon.

But IIRC Shortrope already drew a schematic which in his other 'questions thread'. Have a look.

Edited by lutkeveld - 02 May 2014 at 1:00pm
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 2:13pm
Does this help??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>