Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boominator MINI (development thread)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 102>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bassplar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassplar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 12:16am
Been trying to get the dimensions for the box down, but it seems sketchup isn't working or the links provided are broken.  Any other way to view the dimensions and drawings?
WesleyK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesleyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 12:29am
Specs of your battery and power supply?

Are you sure the speakers are connected correctly? Do the tweeters have a filter?

Edited by WesleyK - 24 March 2014 at 11:07am
fred7847 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fred7847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 6:00am
Can anyone help me with a component-list for the crossovers? :)
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 6:07am
For the Monacor or Aura version?
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 7:53am
Originally posted by bassplar bassplar wrote:

Been trying to get the dimensions for the box down, but it seems sketchup isn't working or the links provided are broken.  Any other way to view the dimensions and drawings?
My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
dman_15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dman_15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 10:17am
I'm using a 7ah 12 yuasa sla. The power supply is 12v 5a.

Its a standard build using the ns525's with the Dayton tweeters.

Everything sounds as it should, with a frequency test the crossovers behave as you would expect, it's just the amp cutting out at max volume.

What do you mean by filter on the tweeters?
WesleyK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesleyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 11:05am
Originally posted by dman_15 dman_15 wrote:

Everything sounds as it should, with a frequency test the crossovers behave as you would expect, it's just the amp cutting out at max volume.

Hm, you're power supply/battery looks fine. Normally when a power supply or battery isn't able to supply the current you would expect the amplifier to cut out.
Another option could be that you have somehow wired the woofers/tweeters wrong, so that the load drops <4 ohm. In that case the amp will probably shutdown (thermal protection).
But a TA2024 or your amp with the right setup, should never cut out, unless the board has a clipping protection or something like that? 
dman_15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dman_15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by WesleyK WesleyK wrote:

Originally posted by dman_15 dman_15 wrote:

Hm, you're power supply/battery looks fine. Normally when a power supply or battery isn't able to supply the current you would expect the amplifier to cut out.
Another option could be that you have somehow wired the woofers/tweeters wrong, so that the load drops <4 ohm. In that case the amp will probably shutdown (thermal protection).
But a TA2024 or your amp with the right setup, should never cut out, unless the board has a clipping protection or something like that? 

I feel like a bit of a plonker now, rechecked the wiring and found the problem :(
WesleyK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesleyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 6:12pm
Great :)

Edited by WesleyK - 24 March 2014 at 6:13pm
fred7847 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fred7847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by lutkeveld lutkeveld wrote:

For the Monacor or Aura version?

For the Aurasound NS525-255-8A 5.25" Woofers and Dayton Audio ND16FA-6 5/8" tweeters with a TA2021-amp :)

Thanks! ClapSmile
bassplar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassplar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2014 at 3:22am
Fred,

I am looking at these from parts-express for my cross-over also.  I am a civil engineer so this may all be wrong, but I am trying.  Maybe someone else here can tell me if I am on the right track with these. 

www.parts-express.com/jantzen-056mh-18-awg-air-core-inductor--255-232

www.parts-express.com/jantzen-022mh-18-awg-air-core-inductor--255-212

www.parts-express.com/audyn-cap-q4-22uf-400v-mkp-metalized-polypropylene-foil-crossover-capacitor--027-110

www.parts-express.com/audyn-cap-q4-56uf-400v-mkp-metalized-polypropylene-foil-crossover-capacitor--027-115

Sorry I could not get the hyperlinks to work.  Tried a few times. 

Edited by bassplar - 25 March 2014 at 3:27am
fred7847 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fred7847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2014 at 7:28pm
Thank you so much! I'll try to find to parts here in Denmark. For me, this is the hardest part :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 102>