Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Budget drivers for ES-18BPH, P-Audio IMF-HP18B?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Budget drivers for ES-18BPH, P-Audio IMF-HP18B?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emperorfaith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Budget drivers for ES-18BPH, P-Audio IMF-HP18B?
    Posted: 23 October 2014 at 9:53pm
I'm not far from completing 4 x ES18's, which means I will need to load them soon, I've had £400 put to one side hoping some 2nd hand Fane 18XBs or PD186s might come along. 

As I will have these finished in the next couple of weeks it's starting to look like some 2nd hand drivers will not come on the market in time, usually I would wait for 2nd hand or the budget to increase for new, but I need these for a gig mid November so it looks like I will need some brand new budget drivers.

After having a look around, it looks like the P-Audio IMF-HP18B might be the most suitable, has anyone tried these at all, or simulated them?

Has anyone  got any experience with some other drivers, or other recommendations?

Edited by emperorfaith - 23 October 2014 at 10:51pm
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2014 at 10:43pm
Not looked at them with the ES18 in mind but the HP18B's do look suitable for small reflex cabs so I would suspect they may also work in a BPH.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 9:37am
i would say mk1 p audio challenger 18-650el but i wont say that cos im after another pair and they are pretty rare to get your hands on lol :-/ or i wouldnt be looking  for another pair od be fitting them into the cabs lol :P errrrrr hmmmmmmmm pretty sure their is otehrs that will work within your budget im also sure therse the horn resp inputs on here somewhere if you want to simulate it yourself lol hope that helps
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
swannie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swannie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 10:22am
Ive got some ES 18's that i have used in the fane 200ltr reflex cabs & g subs. Was very impressed with them for the money. Haven t loaded them into horn or bp cabs. But they seem to do the trick in a cubo 18 surprisingly well.  Ive got some that are like new & didn't get used apart from testing if you are after some (PM me) im keeping a pair of them but will still have 4 units left for sale, in original packing, bought June this year.
emperorfaith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emperorfaith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Mark James Mark James wrote:

i would say mk1 p audio challenger 18-650el but i wont say that cos im after another pair and they are pretty rare to get your hands on lol :-/ or i wouldnt be looking  for another pair od be fitting them into the cabs lol :P errrrrr hmmmmmmmm pretty sure their is otehrs that will work within your budget im also sure therse the horn resp inputs on here somewhere if you want to simulate it yourself lol hope that helps

Thanks for the info, but tracking rare 2nd hand drivers aren't really an option given the time frame, especially when someone else is hunting for some lol ;)

New Mk2 ones are unfortunately over budget :(

I can't sim myself unfortunately as I'm on a mac :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emperorfaith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 11:03am
Originally posted by swannie swannie wrote:

Ive got some ES 18's that i have used in the fane 200ltr reflex cabs & g subs. Was very impressed with them for the money. Haven t loaded them into horn or bp cabs. But they seem to do the trick in a cubo 18 surprisingly well.  Ive got some that are like new & didn't get used apart from testing if you are after some (PM me) im keeping a pair of them but will still have 4 units left for sale, in original packing, bought June this year.

Thanks for the info, after a bit of research the specs of the IMF-HP18B does seem better suited to my needs, and within the budget, so at the moment sticking with them, cheers anyway.
swannie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swannie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 11:33am
No worries, after reading your post again and giving it some thought u are right, the IMF_HP18 would be better suited in a BPH.

Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 11:33am
the mk2 ones are probably not suitable for the cab also im not sure not looked at the specs but ive been told totaly different and yeah was kind of a joke post altho i might be tempted to sell ours if i can get something i can trade up to more of but doubt youd want to restrict yourself to only having four either tbh lol
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emperorfaith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 8:50pm
Thanks for the info guys.

Anyone else have and info on these drivers?
 Post Reply Post Reply