Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caudio pulse doing my head in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote framingengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caudio pulse doing my head in
    Posted: 15 February 2017 at 8:38pm
I know this has been discussed before but i am at my wits end so I applies.
I need to find someone in  the UK who can repair  my 3 Caudio Pulse amps. Usual problem dodgy transformer popping ng the output trannys. this is way above my comfort zone. I am desperate to get these back online asap. Can anyone point me in the right direction.
grovel grovel
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2017 at 8:44pm
kedward leisure Thumbs Up
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
framingengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote framingengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2017 at 8:53pm
Thanks for that ....how do i get in touch?
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2017 at 9:10pm
he's on here as kedwardsleisure. you won't be able to pm people until you have a few more posts though.

simonp1100 is the resident authority on these amps.. don't know where in uk he is though.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2017 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by framingengineer framingengineer wrote:

I know this has been discussed before but i am at my wits end so I applies.
I need to find someone in  the UK who can repair  my 3 Caudio Pulse amps. Usual problem dodgy transformer popping ng the output trannys. this is way above my comfort zone. I am desperate to get these back online asap. Can anyone point me in the right direction.
grovel grovel

Which model?
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2017 at 9:25pm
Simon's in Bristol, I'm in Stoke
Kevin

North Staffordshire

framingengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote framingengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2017 at 9:29pm
I have not got model numbers to hand.
I have however just emailed you on your business mail.
I will have info tomorrow and give you a call if that is ok.
Stoke is good for me....!
Thanks
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2017 at 11:24pm
They can be a bit moody but I tend to forgive them because they do sound very good when they're working.  Just wish I had time to finish refurbing the ones I started years ago!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2017 at 11:43pm
i just left my 4 2x1100 with a guy last week.. curious to see how he gets on with them.
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 7:33am
Originally posted by ceharden ceharden wrote:

They can be a bit moody but I tend to forgive them because they do sound very good when they're working.  Just wish I had time to finish refurbing the ones I started years ago!

Hi Chris, Don't forget to test the new pulse transformer that I sent you, let me know how it goes. WinkWink
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 9:14pm
Hi Simon,

Work has been ridiculous this week and unfortunately I'm out of the country next week.  I have got as far as putting an LCR meter on them and the inductance of the windings is much higher (about 5x) than the old E-cored one I dug out to compared it to.  However given one of the issues with the original is that it overloaded the ZTX's driving it, this is probably a good thing.  I suspect they're going to be fine, probably just need to stick it in an amp and measure the waveforms in-use.

Chris
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 9:20pm
Regret selling my pulses, very sweet sounding amplifier
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>