Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caudio pulse doing my head in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 9:44pm
most c-audio's were sweet sounding for some reason
Kevin

North Staffordshire

ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 11:24pm
The Pulses weren't designed by C-Audio but that's another story....
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 12:25am
were they crown before they were c-audio? i didn't think so.. did dave ffa have something to do with these or am i inventing that?
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 12:32am
Originally posted by ceharden ceharden wrote:

The Pulses weren't designed by C-Audio but that's another story....

Come on spill the beans.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 12:37am
If you look at the PCB design, the style of it looks very much like the inside of BSS products...  To be honest, I can't remember the full story.  Maybe someone with a better memory will chip in.

It basically goes back to when Harman took over C-Audio, BSS etc.  Which is why the Crown Pulse exists and the XS series, which is basically a Pulse too.  I believe Harman pushed out the Pulse design before it was really ready which is why it's always had a few niggles.
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 8:09am

I am sure that Soundcraft also look similar to BSS and The C-Audio Pulses, they seem to use the same input IEC filter as well as the fuse holder and other parts, even the PCB silk screen looks the same. The Soundcraft GIGRAC 1000 is a C-Audio Pulse 2 X 650 (seperate PCB's for SMPS & Amplifier) and then a front mixer PCB board. (look at the circuit).

On the C-Audio Pulse brochure there is a picture of a pick & place machine with a BSS FDS-366 PCB being assembled. ConfusedConfused

I am sure that all three company's were in the same building at one point as well. C-Audio should have stayed at Cambridge (Barnwell road) and not been "Harmanished" and remained an independent company.CryCryCryCry, they may have still been around (who knows). WinkWink

Edited by simonp1100 - 17 February 2017 at 8:17am
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 11:25pm
So the fact that my amp rack is 3 Pulse 2x1100's and an FDS-366T (still one of my favourite processors) is rather apt....
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2017 at 9:38am
Originally posted by ceharden ceharden wrote:

So the fact that my amp rack is 3 Pulse 2x1100's and an FDS-366T (still one of my favourite processors) is rather apt....

Hi Chris,

Check your email inbox, sent you a few pics & gigrac circuit. Look at the picture with the pick & place machine on it, a nice new FDS-366 PCB being populated.  WinkWink

Edited by simonp1100 - 19 February 2017 at 9:40am
soundguymatt View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundguymatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2017 at 10:32pm
A bit off topic - I have a c audio pulse 4 300 that I would like to replace the fans on as one is starting to make a grumble/growl. Anyone know the model of the fan/replacements? 
--

Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12