Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cerwin Vega CV5000 Bass Duties

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2013 at 9:23am
Originally posted by johnplayerson johnplayerson wrote:

I have the right to express my opinions and share my fun with audio on the forums, like anyone else. To be ridiculously attacked from my very first post by someone who thinks he owns the forum is ridiculous.

You have the right to express your opinions regarding audio,however you dont have the right to insult members and start childish name-calling.

To do so again will be an instant ban.

I have deleted the offending posts.
Be seeing you.
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2013 at 10:53am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Originally posted by johnplayerson johnplayerson wrote:

I have the right to express my opinions and share my fun with audio on the forums, like anyone else. To be ridiculously attacked from my very first post by someone who thinks he owns the forum is ridiculous.

You have the right to express your opinions regarding audio,however you dont have the right to insult members and start childish name-calling.

To do so again will be an instant ban.

I have deleted the offending posts.

Clap

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
dashaudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2013 at 3:03pm
feed the trolls and they get fat even if they think they are not trolls !lmao how can u even back up that argument then bring out car speakers wtf  your not serious im a newbie in this game but come on! read a few more post gain some knowledge! u will be surprised what u will learn
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2013 at 4:06pm
Another 5 posts of total nonsense,refering to another member as "yellow helmet".

Obviously didnt listen to what i said above.

Posts removed and banned.

Edited by jbl_man - 12 January 2013 at 5:56pm
Be seeing you.
andyamp View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2013 at 6:31pm
     Post Options Post Options
Thanks (0) Thanks(0)
Quote johnplayerson Quote Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 26 minutes ago at 11:34pm
Now for those who say they like lots of output transistors, what you need is some Canadian performance. The beautiful and talented Yorkville ap 6040 and 6020 amplifiers will do the job and more, better than any QSC garbadge or crest ca . The Yorkville has metal cased output transistors which go to a much higher temperature before breakdown, and yet 24 output transistors per channel to spread the load nicely indeed for long term performance , high damping, and low distortion.
A true monster for less than 1500 still made in Canada.
a wise man changes his mind a fool does not.
http://www.matrixamplification.com/
simonh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2013 at 6:32pm
Saw those early.  I actually wrote a comment but then decided not to send it.  Took dashaudio's advise.
ampmods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ampmods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2016 at 7:19pm
I have found a considerable weak link on amplifiers of specific designs regarding power feed, connectors and compliance.  I have various amplifiers with IEC type disconnectable power cords and I replaced them with hardwired cords and also installing a type of clamp for the wire that is self tightening used mainly on watertight applications (like the way the power cords are installed on the back of Crown Macrotech amplifiers.  I have noticed a significant increase in power output and headroom (you can also feel it in your gut) after hardwiring in a power cord of the proper size, and proper connector.  I bought several QSC PL 4.0's a while back which already have fixed permanent power cords on them but mine came with 15 amp connectors on the end of the power cords.  Even when plugged into a 20 amp receptacle you can see the power LED dimming when I was running them at full power.  After replacing the connectors with proper 30 amp twist lock plugs there is absolutely no more dimming of the power LEDS on the amps.  I did the power cord surgery on all my Crest CC series amplifiers, my dozen CV5000 CV amplifiers, my Crest Pro 200 series amplifiers and reliability has GREATLY increased - no more power amplifier failures!

Laz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234