Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Claer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Claer
    Posted: 14 March 2015 at 6:38pm
Hello,

I'm going to kickstart this with some pics of a blown coax driver :)

I think the yellow furry stuff is a capacitor.  I dont know, I dont have any access/cant remove the damn thing

Claer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 6:44pm
Those pics belong to these.  I dont know why the tweeters/mids blew.  Could have been they were over powered, could have been the delights of a first order crossover, could have been the fact that when I went back to them I found the top end of the eq had been put on about +18dB :(

Ah well

If you're interested, these are standard 6x9 car speakers mounted in a dual transmission line enclosure.  They were an experiment.  They sound really nice, lovely low end.  However the dual TL didn't work and you need a notch at 77Hz to remove reasonances.

They sound amazing with the notch in though.  Thats what the ARX is doing

Claer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 6:48pm
The next project is these

a TL cabinet designed for an 8" Beyma coax tuned to a nice 29Hz

Learning from the last one I've avoided the dual TL and opted for the single exit

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 6:50pm
quick look at ya plans then... lets hav a butchers...
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Claer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 6:58pm
On a slightly smaller note are some surrounds I'm doing for myself.  Experimenting with a bit of decoupage.  These are pretty much finished now, just need drivers in, but have no recent pics of them..... yet

Claer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 7:01pm
And the last one for today is the current state of the Beyma cabs

These are pretty much awaiting internal cabling, a badge for the front, and thats it

Claer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2015 at 6:35pm
The Claer soundsystem in its current iteration

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2015 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

quick look at ya plans then... lets hav a butchers...

...come on then, lets 'ave a look at the  labyrinth inside the box then... i could do with an upgrade to the PC sub i have.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Claer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2015 at 10:03pm
Here's a rare view inside a 'small' portable type design.  This is the smallest I've been able to manage so far, its for 3" drivers (shown) and is tuned to 53Hz
I reckon these go lower than Bose or those Quarter Wave ones that are knocking about on Kickstarter, but I could of course be wrong

all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2015 at 10:10pm
EDIT:

Replied on your question from the other topic... Ermm

Edited by all bass - 13 April 2015 at 10:13pm
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
Claer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 6:20pm
These now have drivers in but have not photo'd yet.  They need glass tops and the logos sticking on to complete them

Claer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 6:35pm
These are my fave at the moment

My lowest (and biggest/heaviest) design yet, 8" Beyma coax drivers tuned to 29Hz with a first order crossover, as close to full range/point source without using a single driver.  These should cover 29Hz to 20kHz whilst retaining phase coherence.

The only thing I've not considered is any sort of baffle step adjustment so far, although I did pad the tweeter down to match, so they may be a little bright but I didn't use any when I last played them out and the bass rolled nicely out of them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>