Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crest/QSC 110V/240V Performance differences?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crest/QSC 110V/240V Performance differences?
    Posted: 17 July 2007 at 1:12pm
My "PA Snob" states he won't buy anymore used Crest/QSC/Crown
(The Big old heavy guys) from the states, because he alledges the 110V versions perform poorly compared to the 240V versions.

Truth, possibility or a "Load of old flannel" ?

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
twinpaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2007 at 7:57pm

with the crowns they are both the same amp just one for the us market and called amcron its just a miner adjustment on the power supply and the amcrons got thicker cable

i told you
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 4:59pm
The 110V and 240V QSC aren't any different - they can be changed internally from one voltage to the other.  Should be a factory job (it's not just flicking a switch) but there used to be a website showing you how to do it...

The only reason why you might not get the same performance is not getting enough current at 110V
"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
 Post Reply Post Reply