Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database simulation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2013 at 10:23am
the 3rd panel in this particular design, is messing with the front chamber, as tv00 said, it sounds better reverse firing, if the front chamber was correct you will get a far better sound from a front firing bhp. If you make the front chamber straight to correct this issue, the middle part of the horn becomes redundant.....
https://www.elements-audio.com
DiscernAudio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiscernAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2013 at 2:28pm
Thanks be , gotcha.  If Im not mistaken, for a bph (bhp?) with all tings equal, adjusting front chamber volume to be larger will improve low end at cost of sensitivity?
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2013 at 2:33pm
kind of, you can also increase low end smoothing by adjusting rear volume, but low end gain from front volume, but this will decrease the high cutoff point.... its a trade off....
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiscernAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2013 at 2:38pm
Yes, thanks.  Have been really thinking of designing an adjustable experimental cab, that would still be airtight and strong. 
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiscernAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2013 at 2:52pm
What is the purpose of masking the F&R chamber resonances?  Seems like you would never not want to see them.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

the 3rd panel in this particular design, is messing with the front chamber, as tv00 said, it sounds better reverse firing, if the front chamber was correct you will get a far better sound from a front firing bhp. If you make the front chamber straight to correct this issue, the middle part of the horn becomes redundant.....

But the USB and Funktion one F221 sounds good and they're all rearfiring, I don't get this: " if the front chamber was correct you will get a far better sound from a front firing bhp." I don't think I agree.

I think I got us started on filling up this beatiful thread with too much talk sorry.
Perhaps we should try to sort out the information or erase irrelevant posts?
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 10:42pm
no im sure its all ok as its related to hr questions...  the usb is not a good example and the f221 ive never heard sounding great (yet)....

the es18 is a better cab than the usb....
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiscernAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 11:02pm
I actually started simming my HD15 with Hyperbolic function, adjusting T value until they matched.
This only works well (if not better) for the smooth curved or multi panel (5+) versions

Edited by DiscernAudio - 17 September 2013 at 11:03pm
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2013 at 7:45pm
Ok, here's my simulation results for the Danish fane TT1000 cab loaded with fane 18-1500
Surprisingly it looks better than the es18-bph even though it's 30 years old!
To be fair ES18-BPH was designed for another driver than simulated.

I started sim without taking the narrow fold and the straight exit into account, but finally I did take them into account and instead dropped one panel.

There was several surprises:
The narrow area in the fold increases the upper freq sensitivity
The straight exit increases low end sensitivity a tiny bit
Rear loading the cab gives a better high end response, but I hear more sub!
Input screen taking that into account, I can post the simple front loaded sim too:

Here we go, BLACK TT1000 front loaded unlike the sim, GREY ES18-BPH

NOTE: to sim this increase rear chamber by 10L & decrease front chamber the same.

REARLOADED like the sim looks even better, but not deeper, -but is sounds deeper with b600:
BLACK TT1000, GREY ES18-BPH

Not too bad for a 30 year old design hu? Even looks better, I even guess collecting these were cheaper than building news, they were £ 100 each at max.

Edited by tv00 - 19 September 2013 at 5:52pm
sgarfa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgarfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2013 at 6:03pm
Hi, i'm ame from italy, it's my frist post here, and i hope to be in the right forum place....anyway i decided to create 2 new horn loaded sub, each whit 2 rcf l15p200ak speakers, i know theat speakers are for reflex anclosures, but I found it for little money. then I thought of starting to this plan:
http://hornplans.free.fr/eliminator2x15.html
because it also has a small rear chamber for reflex.
these are the results without changing anything in the plan ( i hope to be set well horn resp)

https://imageshack.com/i/0as2v5j

https://imageshack.com/i/f2pm9fj

I wonder how it is possible to stabilize the db, between 40-200hz increase the db up to 300hz,

of course, after improvements I provide al the plan in dwg.

Edited by sgarfa - 16 December 2013 at 10:10am
Junior253 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2016 at 8:08am
how to simulate this type of load
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2016 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Junior253 Junior253 wrote:

how to simulate this type of load

Perfectly normal front loaded horn, Rear Chamber is quite large (may give slight bandpass effect), the fact that the driver is reversed makes no difference other than reversing polarity when wiring it up and taking its volume out of the Throat Chamber Volume. S1 is the area at the narrowest part - there's a separate field for ATC (Area of Throat Chamber) which allows hornresp to account for the step down in area there.

HTH,
David.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>