Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D&B C4 Sub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartekblond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D&B C4 Sub
    Posted: 07 April 2015 at 8:21pm
Hi ;)

I want to build C4 Sub. I have a two plan and I want to draw one of them to AutoCad and cut this on my CNC.

http://hornplans.free.fr/C4%20set1_raster.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EcmBp5veoy8/T0Bk6y97ZSI/AAAAAAAAAwk/7QT87DGxTAs/s1263/dbc4%2520md%2520modify%2520ii.jpg

Which of this plan is best?

And the second question. 18sound don't continue series 18W1300. Which speaker is now the best for this cabinet?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 8:23pm
No, and No. Read the rules, read the site, then read this, Idiot. Clown

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
bartekblond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartekblond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 8:52pm
In wrong section i write this?
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 9:01pm
Why is it always non UK? Morals? ohh, now I'm rasistConfused

Barketblond: You are asking for plans to a commercial cabinet that a company makes it's living from. You are asking to steal the deign in effect. People on here don't like it as they have their own designs that they make a living from and it's generally immoral to do this unless:

The cab is ancient, out of patent, out of production or you have permission.
Not saying people don't copy, but they certainly don't post on a forum asking, therefore suggesting everyone is dishonest.

Bad form old bean

Edited by nickyburnell - 07 April 2015 at 9:01pm
It's everything, not everythink!
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by bartekblond bartekblond wrote:

In wrong section i write this?

This is a commercial design. 

Why don't you pick a driver that you can afford and is available to you and then look for a free design that matches it. Or design something yourself using WinISD, Hornresp, etc. etc.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 9:01pm
No. You can't asked about plans for cabinets that are currently in production.

Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 9:04pm
We British folk are NOT like the Chinese Wink
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartekblond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 10:20pm
Sorry a lot. Very sorry. my mistake. I'm sorry I offended you.

So please tell me only which speaker is the most similar to 18W1300?
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 9:33am
Earplugs Are For Wimps!
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

"So please tell me only which speaker is the most similar to 18W1300?"

These:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pyle-PPA-18-PylePro-PPA18-Professional-Premium-Woofer-300W-RMS-1000W-PMPO-/261075940146?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc956b332

agreed, these kick ass, much better than anything D&B load their kit with!

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 7:38pm
The C4 sub has never been loaded with an 18Sound driver.  It's also misleading to call it a sub because it doesn't do much below 50Hz really but that's a different point!

Personally I don't completely object to people building cabinets similar to existing designs.  When it comes to something as simple as an 18" reflex cabinet (with a bit of a bandpass horn thing going on), there are only so many different ways you can do it.  I can't say too much, my twin 18" subs are essentially two D&B QSubs stuck together.  However, the key point from my point of view is that I've never claimed they share anything with them other than external dimensions, are loaded with different drivers and run as part of a completely different system.

Back to the original post.  As you will have realised from the reaction of other members, you won't get any help here copying other manufacturers designs.  However, if you want some help selecting a driver which works in a compact 18" reflex cab similar to the 18LW1300, that we can probably help with.  You will need to do some work yourself though.  I suggest you look at loudspeaker simulation tools such as WinISD so you can compare other possible drivers with the 18Sound.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartekblond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 10:11pm
Sorry. It is my bad. I didin't read the politic of forum. Really sorry.

So maybe please tell me which bass i can build to use in medium and large size local. But i want not to big cabinet. Similar size to c4.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>