Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Devine drivers/amps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisuArai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Devine drivers/amps
    Posted: 22 October 2014 at 1:21pm
Greetings each & everyone!

I'm a young roots/dub enthousiast and I'm collecting a fair bit of vinlys. Now I would want to make a small dub roots soundsystem for home use. Max 10-20 persons.

Where I live its difficult to get the famous brand of drivers (fane,...) But there is this big PA webshop, who has their own brand that sells drivers/amps really cheap.

Devine d 200 amp 2x180w
http://www.bax-shop.nl/versterker/devine-d-200-klasse-d-versterker-2x-180w
Devine BA118 18" woofer
http://www.bax-shop.nl/18-inch-luidspreker/devine-ba118-woofer-18-inch/product-details.html

Are this drivers/amps suitable to make a personal soundsystem?

Thanks!

Edited by MisuArai - 22 October 2014 at 5:53pm
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 9:08am
Your probably better off going down the used road. You can buy decent used at the price of poor quality new. Maybe look at a single 18 reflex sub and 2x 12" + 1" top. Try getting a sub with a passive crossover inside or a basic active crossover.
With dub music, it's very bass focused so it kinda defeats the object of buying cheap stuff they won't reproduce the style of sound you are after.
Hope this helps!
You can't polish a turd!
MisuArai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisuArai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 1:11pm
Thanks cookie-dj! I'm now asking around the scene over here for secondhand drivers. Will make a progress topic on here somewhere when I start building! :)

Just one question, if I work with the three way system like you suggested. I will need 3 different amps after my active crossover? Or can I work with 2 (one mono amp for the sub, one 2 channel amp for 12" and 1")?
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 1:40pm
2 amps will do it. bridge mono amp for the sub and stereo amp for the tops. behringer cx2310 crossover or similar.
You can't polish a turd!
 Post Reply Post Reply