Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DJM 800 power gone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaygro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 7:01pm
I know, it's crazy. I'm absolutely fuming here. Latest messages sent... 

• Hi Niall, 

Did the mixer come back in yet? Would I not just be able to go collect it from wherever it was sent as I'm eager to have it back and get it fixed. 

Nothing was said about the 75 euro in the first place so I'm just gonna a my friend to fix it. I just wanted to know if you guys did surface mount soldering out there.
  • Aquariussound Aquariusdj
    • we do surface mount! but we have to spend time finding full extent of problems, and if someone doesn't want to go ahead we are down engineering time :)

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 7:06pm
people recommend them all the time.
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 7:07pm
If they are a Pioneer accredited workshop, they aren't technically allowed to work on the Power Supply, Pioneer recommend any faulty PSU is replaced as a single item.

Some of us know different of course
Kevin

North Staffordshire

jaygro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaygro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 7:10pm
I know. I bought my first set of CDJ's out there about 12 years ago, and my first mixer around 13 years ago there as well. I've always recommended them as they seemed to know their stuff. I simply asked if this (surface mount) was something they did so as to get a price. Nothing was mentioned about a 75 euro charge. If they had said that in the first place I wouldn't have made the trip out. 
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 7:17pm
just asked a mate (who works full time hiring good kit out), he gets his stuff done by just lite. personally haven't dealt with them though.
jaygro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaygro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

If they are a Pioneer accredited workshop, they aren't technically allowed to work on the Power Supply, Pioneer recommend any faulty PSU is replaced as a single item.

Some of us know different of course

Pity the same attitude isn't applied over here. Even at that though, when I mailed to remind them that I told them not to do anything without letting me know first (at this point still not informed of a 75euro charge to give me a quote), they wrote back and told me about that fee and asked if I wanted to proceed. I never told them to proceed and went straight for the shop only to find out they had sent it off. 

I'm absolutely sick I sent it down to them. More time wasted with no mixer and lots of stress. 
jaygro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaygro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

just asked a mate (who works full time hiring good kit out), he gets his stuff done by just lite. personally haven't dealt with them though.

Cheers man, just had a look at their site and it seems like they solely do lighting. Do they definitely look after other stuff as well? Thanks for asking your friend. 
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 8:46pm
they do also hire out dj kit.. just don't seem to advertise it. sure phone them and see how you get on i suppose..
jaygro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaygro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 8:48pm
Cheers, much appreciated. 
Capitan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capitan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 10:39pm
You're not going to go with the Pioneer recommended service company then?
jaygro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaygro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 10:42pm
Still a bit unsure, I googled them and it said they were a TV repair company so wasn't sure if they were the right crowd? Is this them http://www.lawlessbros.com/ Thanks for the help.
Capitan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capitan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 11:00pm
Well it's the same address as the link I gave you so it must be.

I don't know them as I live in England, but Gavin is a Pioneer tester, demonstrator and forum mod.

He also lives in Ireland.

I doubt he would steer you wrong, but you can always ask him on the Pioneer DJ Forum.

Here's the link to the thread where I got those details...

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20874258-pioneer-tech-support

Hope it helps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>