Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DJM 800 power gone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaygro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 11:25pm
Excellent, just read it there. Was searching for stuff on the Pioneer forums earlier but couldn't find anything. Cheers for that. 
mingotj1221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mingotj1221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2016 at 1:20am
Hi there! I´m a few years late to the discussion sorry LOL  I shorted out my djm 800 as I was testing a volume fader. The fader circuit touched the fader bracket Cry. The mixer wont turn on now Cry. I wanted to ask you if it was possible that just the main cylindrical fuse on the PU has blown but the surface mount fuses are ok. 

Also wanted to ask you if you knew the part number and voltage of the cylindrical fuse in case i need to replace it. I cant seem to find the specs in the repair manual.

Thanks in advance!

mingotj1221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mingotj1221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2016 at 1:21am
Hi there! I´m a few years late to the discussion sorry LOL  I shorted out my djm 800 as I was testing a volume fader. The fader circuit touched the fader bracket Cry. The mixer wont turn on now Cry. I wanted to ask you if it was possible that just the main cylindrical fuse on the PU has blown but the surface mount fuses are ok. 

Also wanted to ask you if you knew the part number and voltage of the cylindrical fuse in case i need to replace it. I cant seem to find the specs in the repair manual.

Thanks in advance!
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2016 at 12:37pm
Enough blowing up mixers already.

The DJM range from the 600 upwards have full onboard diagnostics for all panel controls including the faders. There's no need to dismantle a live mixer.
These are not a DIY repair by anyone's standard and learning by trial and error is an expensive past time.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

r3k0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r3k0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2016 at 1:17am
Hi Peeps!

I had a Djm800 given to me for repair with the same no power issue caused by a short from a channel fader....

I have checked the 20mm fuse and all (14) of the smd littlefuses and cant seem to find one that's blown?

I'm using a cheap multi meter, i usually use the setting that is similar to a diode symbol, but reading around some people say to use the Ohm setting? My meter has 2000k, 200k, 20k, 2000 and 200, so which should i use?

Thanks for any help with this ;)

WILLZTHRILLZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WILLZTHRILLZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2016 at 7:47am
Hello, please stop now!!!!!. If ye can't understand the multimeter,,,,then you have no business doing repairs to this item.
This is not a rant at you, its just common sense
ihth
Will.
r3k0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r3k0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2016 at 1:19pm
Yes, i understand where your coming from but i am more than capable of doing the soldering i just lack the knowledge to diagnose the broken component, hence coming here for help.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2016 at 5:15pm
this reminds me of when I was in Maplin a few years ago. In front of me at the parts counter was an old guy in a flat cap and he said to the assistant;

'excuse me, my fridge wont turn on. I wonder if you could sell me the part I need to fix it?'

assistant: yes, I think so. What part's gone?

old guy: I don't know, I was hoping you could tell me?

Kevin

North Staffordshire

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2016 at 5:33pm
Here ya go:

Confused

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
r3k0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r3k0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2016 at 6:36pm
Disapprove

Ive read a few people who have had the same issue caused by the same shorting out.
They have said it will more than likely blow a smd fuse.
so i thought i would just ask for some help on testing the fuses, if i cant diag an issue with them then its off to the menders.
but seems nobody wants to answer me straight, ok, thanks.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2016 at 10:10pm
you've sort of answered your own question. If you can change an smd fuse then you must surely know how to test one??
Fuses, fusible resistors and ICPs aren't marked on the board or on the diagram with some big sign that says 'change this if you accidentally shorted a channel fader to chassis whilst dismantling the mixer with the power still on'. That bit you have to diagnose yourself.

I suggest obtaining the service manual and tracing which smd fuse protects the supply to the top end of the channel faders.

Kevin

North Staffordshire

r3k0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r3k0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2016 at 10:24pm
Ok, well as my 1st post says, ive seen people talking about setting the meter to the ohm setting to read them, when checking conectivity for anything else i would use the diode symbol.
So it more the fact that they are in situe that im not 100% about, as i said, they all seem to conduct thru, so maybe its something else in which case i will send it to someone who can diag further.

Thanks for the advice tho, i will look for a service manual and look into it more. ;-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>