Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DM 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DM 2
    Posted: 14 October 2004 at 5:50pm

what kind of watts would i get out of a DM 2 with the drivers listed on the page, what kind of crossover would i need to make it, is there a more detailed page with more measurements i would really like to make 2 of them, if any1 has a more detailed instruction to make them i would love to see them thanks!!!

pd: this site ROCKS!

whitehousejamie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 6:06pm

Hi,

Sorry, there aren't any more construction details.

With the Eminence drivers, you would get around 1500watts per cab.

Ideally, you should go for an electronic crossover, one of the Behringer units would do the job.

Jamie

Felipe tha Dj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felipe tha Dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 6:16pm
i own a crossover so in this case i would have to use 3 amps for two of this big cabinets? would this be a wise choice for hall use

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felipe tha Dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 6:21pm

i already own 4 jbl jrx 125 they have dual 15's and a horn they are damn loud but sound is addictive and i want more, i love making my own speakers i know that with two Dm2 i could get somewhere close to my 4 jbls if not louder, and if i ever have a big hall it would be so cool to have all this speakers pounding, my question is how many amps should i be running for this two speakers if i decide to make them? i can use one amp for all the 15's with just bass and another amp for the 10's and the horns but would the horns get damaged if i play mids on them? i can use a capacitor and that would do the trick to put only highs towards it right? thanks for the help it is greatly appreciated

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 6:25pm

The ideal way is to have 3 seperate amps, one of which only needs to be around 200watts per channel to run the compression drivers. You cannot put Mid through the comp drivers, they will blow.

You could use a 2 way passive crossover for the Mid / Hi, and use an electronic crossover to run the bass & mid/hi from two seperate amplifiers.

Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 6:27pm
Yes, need a proper passive crossover at least.  A capacitor will only help protect against DC offsets, not provide a very controlled roll-off.  Need inductors and resistors as well!  Best approach is active, but that needs more amp channels.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felipe tha Dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 6:29pm

thanks for ur help :) i dont think i can get a new amp just for that i already own 3 amps but i can get a crossover, i dont think the mids need to much power and highs are a piece of cake is there anything else i need to make this speakers? would it be realiable to use them on halls im not worried about the weight or size only sound and performance.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felipe tha Dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 6:31pm

i have a friend that has a friend that owns a wood shop and he is very good at woodwork, he will help me make the cabinets, any other speaker set up i should look at before actually building this? 

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 6:33pm
What will you be using them for? Disco or Band work? And how many people will you be playing to?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felipe tha Dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 7:53pm

well mostly parties are at halls, i live in houston texas and im latino, Colombian to be more exact, we latinos like to celebrate when girls turn 15 and we call this kind of party a "quinciañera" witch is spanish for "turning 15" this parties require a decent amount of power because it can get a litle crowded about 300 people i dont need that much power but i like to have extra power because u never know i might have to host a bigger party later on.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felipe tha Dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 8:00pm
every party has a different setup because im a movil Dj, but sometimes the speakers i have are not enough, because the halls get pretty big at times, y play all kinds of music some of the hardest to play its rap because of the bass
loophole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loophole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 9:07pm
dm2's are quite a basic and outdated design. as far as the plans on this site are concerned, if you want full range cabinets i reckon x15s will sound nicer and are a lot easier to transport. if you want something a bit bigger it would be best to go for seperate cabinets for bass and mid/high.
rap and other slow, bassy music sounds great on x1 subs, match those with some x12s or x15s and you'd have an great sounding system
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>