Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dr dre "Beats"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dr dre "Beats"
    Posted: 20 December 2014 at 12:18pm
The subject of the  bluetooth speaker has come up on another forum so I wondered what people on here think of them and also his headphones.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
Saturnus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saturnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 12:19pm
Utter crap.
GEB View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 12:25pm
Listened to all of their product range to date and have thought its all overpriced fasion items. No consideration for audio qaulity like the marketing suggests.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 12:30pm
best earphones in the world    LOLLOLLOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 12:35pm
overpriced ear warmers
Saturnus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saturnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 12:44pm
This review is quite on the money and gives good alternatives that are much better.

fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 12:47pm
Beats are worth about 30-50% of the price tag. Some of the really expensive ones arnt that bad but as stated they are doing well due to excellent marketing not excellent audio.

Realistically the Beats range cant compete on a price/perfomance scale with a decent pair of "Monitor/Studio" headphones such as the ATH-M50, DT770 or HD-280.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 12:49pm

LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 12:59pm
Worst thread eva'
LOL
Seriously, they are utter garbage - I'd rather Dr Dre stuck screwdrivers in my ears.  Doesnt Monster Cables have something to do with it.

music is the message
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by burningbush burningbush wrote:

...Doesnt Monster Cables have something to do with it.

They had at first, but they got fooled by a rapper and few very clever business men.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
Sheggy View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 6:42pm
Very subjective thing headphones (and monitors, and anything producing sounds for that matter). People are nclned to accept what the have read or heard and this biases their opinion when they get a pair of Beats. To themselves they simply confirm the 'wisdom' that they have received from others. They are happy so

Hing that surprised me, and I use AKG, Sennheiser and DTs (oh and Shure IEM which are shit), was listening to headphone at Standted departure lounge and finding that one model of Beats really wasn't as bad as people say (!). I still would buy senny for just weaing around.

My subjective opinion of course.
Battered View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Battered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2014 at 6:19am
Similar to Apple and Harley Davidson........form over function!!
Touching cloth at 200 mph
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>