Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

drivers for mini scoops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pocapaglia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: drivers for mini scoops
    Posted: 16 July 2016 at 10:53am
Guys, 
I'm looking for some advice on drivers for mini scoops and have a series of questions. I'm currently using 1800W 18sound 18NLW9000's in cubo's, and am looking to upgrade to mini scoops now I've got storage. I'm also planning to upgrade the sub amp to a proline 3000.

1. Suggestion appears to be best mini scoops are ligwa/shortmans best option for minis?
2. Any thoughts on how 18NLW9000's will perform in a mini scoop. - Leanbusiness suggest they are comparable to pd1852's? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_-GjWsC5Cg
3. If I'm using the 1800W 18NLW9000's with a proline 3000 will the high wattage of the drivers affect performance? should I opt for a lower wattage driver?
4. If opting for a lower wattage driver any suggestions on affordable drivers? I gather fane xb's and turbomax are suggested.
5. how many mini scoops can I drive off a proline3000?

ta
andy
empiresoundsystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote empiresoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 2:00pm
My mates ran four miniscoops loaded with V1000 drivers, they hung 2x V1000 a side on a proline 3000 and it was having sex deadly mate - couldn't breathe when you were infront of it Shocked 

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR8rR1QU80o
Failed DJ and fumbling through the world of pro audio. Give me a thumb and make me feel better:
www.facebook.com/empireAVWorks
empiresoundsystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote empiresoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 2:01pm
Failed DJ and fumbling through the world of pro audio. Give me a thumb and make me feel better:
www.facebook.com/empireAVWorks
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 2:59pm
If on tight budget, better to buy 2x Berry INUKE 6000s, & run them 8 ohm stereo, than Proline 3000 to run 4x.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
 Post Reply Post Reply