Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ebay dreamers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 204>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2014 at 3:34pm
Quality, i'll just wrap it in pink paper and put a bow on it.

All these fools with pension schemes and bank accounts, should of brought Studiomaster and Citronic.
music is the message
funkyparrot View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2014 at 3:39pm
I (seriously) think my collection of Rank Tutor 2s and kinetic effects is worth more than my pension scheme. Even at realistic prices. Pension schemes have suffered drastically!
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2014 at 3:43pm
Your not wrong there, and current inflation makes savings a potential loss.
music is the message
godathunder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2014 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by funkyparrot funkyparrot wrote:

I (seriously) think my collection of Rank Tutor 2s and kinetic effects is worth more than my pension scheme. Even at realistic prices. Pension schemes have suffered drastically!

Dont bet on it, my opti, tutor etc stuff has hardly been flying out the door.
LOUDER THAN LOUD
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2014 at 4:37pm
What ID are you using on eBay? I haven't seen anything under godathunder.
Non View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Non Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 9:39pm
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/dj-setup-/261543162814?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_DJ_PA_Packages&hash=item3ce52ff3be
£750....

Edited by Non - 25 July 2014 at 9:42pm
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2014 at 12:51pm
I don´t know - that lighting rig alone has to be worth the price....

LOL LOL LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
godathunder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 12:06am
Originally posted by funkyparrot funkyparrot wrote:

What ID are you using on eBay? I haven't seen anything under godathunder.

Im on there as geraintlee. none of the kinetic stuff is up at the mo bar a couple of tutor 2s, a pluto250 and some wheels. 

Most things that have gone wound up selling privately when people picked up other stuff.

A couple of years ago people were biting my hand off anytime I listed anything, demanding lists of anything vaguely opti related, now I guess all the hawkwind fans are too old to be interested.....

Im relocating in a couple of weeks and might list some more of it when Im settled but since they dont take up much space there doesnt seem a lot of point in getting shot of it when interest seems low
LOUDER THAN LOUD
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 11:33am
I knew I recognised the ID. You have a Tutor on at the moment, but there's no lens cone, or lens in the picture. You don't mention, in the description, that you have it, so, maybe it's not attracting any bids, as possibly perceived to be incomplete. I've always found that they fetch a better price, if you fit some kind of adaptor, to carry an Opti motor unit.
That said, I must agree that you don't get the prices that you did a few years ago, but I would have thought that your prehistoric and 2001 would have picked bids by now. Could it just be due to holidays?
Ebay has definitely diminished in value, for sellers of used equipment, with 10% commission, both on the price of your sale AND carriage charges, then 3.7% paypal fees, you're losing nearly 15%. Yes, obviously they're there to make a profit, but with their level of turnover, it's really steep.
I always try to hint that a deal might be available, as you comment, in the past, people used to get in touch, but very few seem to do that now, whatever you'e selling.
Fortunately, I'm not being forced to sell the collection, but, what if I get to that stage?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 3:08pm
At first I thought it was 24 x 1" exit drivers, but no its for one piece that may or may not work...and how do you end up with that many? and why? what?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-x-22xt-compression-drivers-/271556311819?pt=UK_MusicalInstruments_Speaker_Drivers_Horns&hash=item3f3a047b0b

Edited by burningbush - 28 July 2014 at 3:10pm
music is the message
Plaguesguitarist View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plaguesguitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 3:37pm
Why did the lampy cross the road?

To steal MY sharpie.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 3:39pm
LOL
music is the message
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 204>