Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

effects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7567kelsall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: effects
    Posted: 04 March 2010 at 12:08pm
hi there can you guys tell me what seperate effects unit can match the effects on the dynacord powermate a dont need the desk a just love the reverb +sterero delay an how you can use them .LOL
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 11:18am
Not sure about the dynacord but any good external multiefffects processor will have reverb and delay.
Lexicon reverbs are legendary and are great for vocals. On a budget behringer mini fx are quite good and have stereo i/p & o/p. Alesis do quality units like the nanoverb &  microverb .  All of these units can be used in a variety of ways but it all depends on what you want effects for,vocal/synths/guitars etc. Hope this helps Smile.

(edited lexicon delays to reverbs!!!)LOL

Edited by Nitz V1505 - 06 March 2010 at 10:50pm
LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
7567kelsall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7567kelsall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:00pm
hi mate a use them for vocals .a have a lexicon mx 200 an a midiverb 4 but they dont seem to go near the dynacord
sheffield-junglist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheffield-junglist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:39pm
That Dynacord Powermate is the little powered desk I use for the Jazz club I sometimes engineer at. Never heard the effects though (I don't think a jazz musician would appreciate having his "Musical genious" effectively s*at on by some dynacord built-in FX LOL)

If you say theyr worth a listen I might have to have a play with em next time I'm there.

j lysergic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j lysergic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 3:32pm
a good quality cheap reverb is the lexicon lxp15 
easy to use and very nice sound quality.

its 5 way or the high way.....
"beware the floods" [Noa]
7567kelsall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7567kelsall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 4:08pm
hi i av a lex mpx 200 are they better Tongue
NLIS5828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NLIS5828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 4:28pm
 I looked around forever for my effects units. I use a lexicon MLx200 for my large hall reverb, and i use that on vocals. THe one that took me forever to find was my zoom 9102 or 9201? can't remember what it is, but it has an awesome tap delay and sounds great with the lexicon verb. I also have a yamaha spx90 reverb unit, which you might find on ebay for around $90 or so, that sounds really nice on drums or guitars ect.
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by 7567kelsall 7567kelsall wrote:

hi i av a lex mpx 200 are they better Tongue
Is that a question? The lxp 15 when new cost the good part of a grand,the mk2 is around £900.
IMO you cant beat a dedicated multi fx unit compared with fx built into a desk.
LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
 Post Reply Post Reply