Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Electro-Voice T251ish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electro-Voice T251ish
    Posted: 10 September 2014 at 11:54am
After an 'accident' a long wile ago and saving up to replace and repair the two cabs and the components, I finally got to completing the build.

The one DL15X was re-coned, had to source two compression drivers again. The other comps were P-Audio BMD-450's. I moved them into different cabs while sourcing the proper drivers but just could not find any DH2's for a good price. A friend that's on here, Ben, donated two DH3's at the end, lol. The top end actually sound really good with them. X-Over components were sourced from Erse. The Wood is just normal interior 18mm pine Ply.

Some Pix:

The sweep is with the bass set up to give a nice powerful full-range sound on the ear. No eq. In the warehouse. 1m from center of the top. X-over @ 120Hz. Crown MT2400. System's calibrated except for spl.

www.aggressiveaudio.co.za
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2014 at 8:24am
Very nice. How does the dl15x sound?

Rish
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2014 at 12:01pm
Is that dip right where the xover point is?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Hugo Biermann View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2014 at 5:48pm
The dlx sounds awesome as always. Accurate an clean. Love them. A lot of blown away people walked away from them this last wile. They cannot believe what comes out of the cabs.

The xover is between 1.6 k an 1.8 k. Not sure about that dip. It doesnt seem to cause any issues. The mids sound perfect to everyone that listens to them.
bruce@bluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2014 at 6:50am
Lovely Haas Das. Was the ply cnc cut ? The speaker factory here in Isithebe recently closed ( Infinity Dynamics) I would have loved to got my hands on his cnc machine.Smile 
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2014 at 11:52am
Table saw and power tools.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2014 at 7:41am
Nice work, are those carpeted ? I am using the Plascon Bakkie and Trailer coating applied with a undercoating gun gives a lovely spatter finish and then a coating of Plascon polyurethane. Currently doing a pair of T18 will post pics when finished.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2014 at 6:20pm
carpeted, yes.

It will be cool to see some pics of other builds in sa.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2014 at 6:38am
At the current price of the Bakkie and Trailer coating, it's gone from R180 for 5L to over R500 within 3 years, I think carpet is a cheaper option but IMHO carpet just cannot handle wear and tear like a good polyurethane, but at over R1000 for a pair of speakers for paint, looks like it's back to carpet.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2014 at 7:21am
Hi Hugo,
I am currently speaking to Melissa from PRV audio a speaker manufacturer in Brazil they are prepared to ship to us but you need to buy for a min of US$ 5000. I am prepared to spend US$1000 do you know any one else who might be interested. You visit there website they have a good range of drivers.   
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2014 at 11:33pm
I only used carpet to get it to match with my 181's.
We use stonechip to get texture and then 2-3 coats of duram nuglo on our cabs.

Had a look at PRV's stuff a wile ago. I can make do with whats available for now. Theres actually a few good components floating around in z.a. We dont build enough to justify a couple of pallets.
bena1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bena1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2015 at 5:27pm
Lekker bra Hugo what a build my man,now we must do more t251 my bra
Seeking the best bass!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>