Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EV DL15x

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucsavage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EV DL15x
    Posted: 19 December 2014 at 9:49am
After some of the above

Can get them picked up, helpful if in London area

Cheers
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2014 at 1:50pm
Hi got 1 in east london
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2014 at 1:59pm
trouble in deltamax, muc?
mucsavage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucsavage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2014 at 4:26pm
Hi lickweed,

If you've an interest in moving it on then I may be interested.
Im based in Ireland but know someone who does regular trips over to the London area who would do a pick up
All in working order and 8 Ohm?

Yeah Steve, one of the 15" drivers is distorting may need a recone, sometimes it sounds like its rubbing, sometimes it doesn't?!
I have 4 and usually use 3 in a mono stack so Im ok for now but want to get it sorted.

Will get a recone kit from Thomann.

Have another 2 Deltamax copies with some JBLs loaded in them that I want to replace with the right EV drivers also

Getting prepared for having two stacks of 3x Deltamx and 3x Gsubs

Edited by mucsavage - 19 December 2014 at 4:27pm
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2014 at 4:37pm
try and rotate the driver. i have one which rubs more audibly when it's a certain way up. you might get away with it for a bit longer..
mucsavage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucsavage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 1:09pm
will check that out Thumbs Up
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 1:14pm
they are a nightmare to recone, it's not as simple as most, as the kit comes separated.. 

i replaced all my dL15s with rcf L15p200s 

had a lot less failures now, and they sound a little better to my ears .. weigh a little more now tho 
error 404
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 3:43pm
yeah i tried reconing some ev 12s.. they were tricky. and they didn't work out.. but i think the sx200 just isn't up to what i need it to do so.. they're on the shelf now.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2014 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by brokenjoe brokenjoe wrote:

they are a nightmare to recone, it's not as simple as most, as the kit comes separated.. 

It also has a small voice coil if i remember,just 2.5 ins,so although very efficient,cant stand a lot of punishment...really best suited to vintage systems.

The RCF L15P will be a lot more robust.
Be seeing you.
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2014 at 7:46am
yeh, all the RCF ones are so much better now.. 

can pick them up cheaper than the recone kits for the DL18s too ;) 
error 404
mucsavage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucsavage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2014 at 2:55pm
Will try and gather some stick pile of EV cones to have

Available at Thomann,is it me or is that a stupidly expensive price?
Thats more then I paid for my pd186s..

http://www.thomann.de/ie/ev_dl15x_tieftoener.htm

I have found some pre assembled ones ready for drop in, does anyone know if they are copies or has used that site?

http://www.soundspeakerrepair.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SSR&Product_Code=EVM-DL15X-Recone-Kit&Category_Code=EV-Kits

Are those RCFs generally considered better drivers?

Edited by mucsavage - 22 December 2014 at 2:56pm
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2014 at 3:05pm
The P200 is extremely robust and i've personally seen it handle very unhealthy excursion/power for extended periods without ceasing.
The only real problem with them is they won't die easily, so you will probably have to replace them at some time due to the suspension simply having worked loose over the years.
Best regards,
Teun.
 Post Reply Post Reply