Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EV P3000

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nev23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 7:59pm
Don't bridge it into 4 Ohms. And use a limiter. But in a way, it is useful: it is telling you something is wrong.
Vaso_Bobinata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaso_Bobinata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 8:30pm
Many thanks. Feedback appriciated 😊
Will it be ok in 2 and 2.7 Ohm in stereo.

nev23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nev23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 8:53pm
There are several models in the Macrotech range. I haven't seen all of them. Some may be good into 2 Ohm per channel or 4  ohm bridge. Some may not have the accurate  protection, that sounds rough.

If you have a model number, I will look it up.
Safetyman View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Safetyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 10:33am
I have found, over the years, that increasing the air-flow to the amp rack as a whole, on the 'suck-it-in side keeps everything much cooler. Personally, I use an 18 inch floor fan to both cool me and the amp rack, which works for me.
I remember one very hot day ( high 30's in the shade ) , where a friend turned-up in full one piece leathers on his motorbike. He was ok, for about 5 mins, then had to feel -off the suit. He assured me that , despite the heat, once back on his 'bike, the air-flow would cool him down nicely very quickly. :D
Protect your hearing, and feel the music.

MU South East Roving Safety Rep.
nev23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nev23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 11:43am
The wind chill effect lessens with difference in temperature from the cooled object. For humans,wind chill become hairdryer in the face when the temperature in the shade is above blood temperature.

I'm surprised about the leathers; they are prety much completely windproof.
Safetyman View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Safetyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 11:51am
I was assuming that the rack temperature inside was hotter than the ambient air being drawn in......

Protect your hearing, and feel the music.

MU South East Roving Safety Rep.
tonysparks69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonysparks69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 2:34pm
E.V. P3000's get hot because the biasing tends to go out on these amps. Its a well known fault and every time I get one in for service I check and reset the bias. Its only a 5 minute job once all the lids have been removed.
I would find a reputable service engineer to do it for you and clean the heatsinks of dust and all should be fine.
Tony.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 3:31pm
And the fact people think they are hot because the fans actually get the hot air out, not spin it around inside

Edited by nickyburnell - 29 October 2017 at 3:32pm
It's everything, not everythink!
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 4:19pm
I've said it before but these amps really need a gap between them.  The pre-amp section which is directly under the top lid has no airflow to it.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 4:34pm
Agreed although I think the extraction is quite good. Mines a Dynacord version, using 4r stereo as a normal amp not a welder running scoops helps it stay cool as well Big smile

Edited by nickyburnell - 29 October 2017 at 4:35pm
It's everything, not everythink!
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 4:27pm
Quote not a welder running scoops

LOL

You know there's actually a french sound system calld "Welders HiFi", and guess what... they run scoops
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2024 at 11:56pm
Honestly...i don't know what tipe of brain disorders you need to have to ever thinking to compare EV P3000 with MacroTech's,by the time when not even a rusty bolt will remain from a P3000 the MacroTech's will be still there playing music,most of people talk trash because not even after 35 years since the Macro's  are on the audio market they don't know for what these amps have been created and where and how to use them for the best sound reproduction,also the meintenance is out of discution,i've seen working MacroTech's with tottaly blocked cooling fans in them!! They just reduced the sound to a safe level and keep going hot as hell,but i never seen a P3000 not blowing up and fixed at least 3 times! So please....get to reality,when you play +1kw of power and up i'm quite sure nobody give's a about smoothneses of the sound,we're not listening 140db in bedrooms so.....

Edited by EmPro - 11 January 2024 at 11:59pm
EmPro Audio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>