Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EV ZXA1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nev23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EV ZXA1
    Posted: 03 January 2017 at 9:04pm
I have a ZXA1-90 here which is rather sick, and then went bang while I was probing it. Any technical info would help, particularly the schematics.
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2017 at 11:58pm
Unfortunately EV will not give out schematics.
They charge approx €300 euros which covers the cost of amp module repair or is replaced with new if completely dead

I have noticed the amp modules are very well made in fact i rarely see them come in. If they do go pop then chances are its had it. One thing to look out for is powercon mains input isolator. .it can melt or solder joints come away from pcb.

See how u get on
Good luck
Sticks n Stones
nev23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nev23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2017 at 1:02pm
tweeter was glitching on and off. Tweeter amp went d.c. while I was probing. PSU OK.
Probably now a pair of duff FETs, and driver chip, and maybe a duff capacitor causing the original fault. Oh, and the bass amp is now at 10V d.c.

The owner says this is the 5th out of the 6 that they own that has failed, all the others within warranty.
 Post Reply Post Reply