Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EX MoS Rig Restoration Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 35>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
T-Bone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 2:53pm
Hi Irie hope everything goes well we in the US wanna know especially people from DIY world and club owners. 

BERTHA RULES . . .Thumbs Up
BASS, how low can you go!
Irie Lion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irie Lion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2014 at 12:57am
Hi people, test session now completed and broad smiles all round. As usual with this project there were a lot of down to the wire scrapes, almost catastrophic callamities, unexpected disasters and a chuckle and an iron faith that it was going to come together.  I shall tell the story in pictures if I may.

We arrived in Bristol at quite the most beautiful venue I ever could of dreamed of.

We were all quite blown away

On with the setup

Building The Levan horns

We had practised this in the workshop as a team and it payed off on the day as we flew them together.

Stacks now built and ready for powering on.

After 2 hours of gentle warm up my DBX 4820 processor decides to blow it's power board bizarrely and unexpectedly, leaving a problem. I'd brought along spare cones aplenty and a complete spare amp rack with 5 duplicate amps in case anything should blow and need replacing but never dreamed the brand new when I bought it 2 1/2 years ago and now tried for the first time processor could blow? Well silly me, but after some phone calls around the area I did find a local sound man, willing to help on a Sunday afternoon and he popped down with a dsp capable of doing the job within the hour I might add! A big thank you to Paul King showing me the ropes on the Nova 8000 (or was it 800, can't remember now) processor.

Disaster averted, warming up and getting ready for the evening ahead

Myself and Conrad who has been on my back over this project for years now, and I'm so happy to finally give him something to smile about.

Joe and the stack

Get some spots on her and start to turn her up a bit and I start to feel slightly goosebumpy.

My crew can't resist, and at the very first opportunity just have to step some foot.

We had a very intimate crowd of 55-60 to witness the testing session, much love in the air.

The sound did seem to suck people in.

Massive respect the all the wonderful DJs who came down to play for the test party. An rare treat early on was Joe who is known for his mic work playing a reggae set for us.

Then Sascha Steppa and Gerard from Lionpulse soundsystem

Ray

Ray, Mushroom and Peter

Dazee

The jubilation when we'd finished at actually pulling it off after all the problems just had to promt a little group one. Dazee, Krust, Spydah, Myself, Crab & Benny

There is a long tale to tell from this evening but alas I'm almost out of battery after all this time uploading photos from a campervan in a WiFi hotspot and I must away and recharge before I can once again return and regale you all with news, and tales from the crazy life that this project has brought me. I will strike again soon be sure, with a more verbal assault on you all, but for now I thought the pics would keep your blood lust sated. Back soon.

Lee In Montreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee In Montreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2014 at 1:18am
Nice. So nice.
Congratulations my friend. You must have swiped a few tears. ;-)
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2014 at 1:31am

Clap
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
T-Bone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2014 at 3:56am
One more Time for the Ex Mos Crew!Shocked

Edited by T-Bone - 02 August 2014 at 3:57am
BASS, how low can you go!
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2014 at 4:38am
BOOM!!!!!! BIG SOUND A GWAAAAAAN!!!!!

Well done mate, looks incredible, wish I could have been there. Did anyone take any video of it and did you guys do any SPL/Frequency measurements? Is that the Trinity Centre in Bristol? be interesting to hear how it did in the space as just before I left the UK to come back to Aus I heard lionpulse full rig in there and 8 scoops sounded nice, wondering how your 2 stacks would compare.

Say Hi to Crab for me and once again BIG UPS on the mammoth project!
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2014 at 8:17am
Nice one :) Glad it all went well on the night!

Is the dbx getting fixed? You could always use a Soundweb instead! ;)
Sheggy View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2014 at 8:33am
It's wonderful to see this project come all the way to this point - you've done a fantastic job. I never get tired of this thread so please keep posting. Wishing I lived closer to Bristol now!

S
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2014 at 9:24am
Amazing!
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2014 at 10:13am
respect Thumbs Up
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2014 at 10:36am
Congratulations!
Don't test the champignon sound
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2014 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Irie Lion Irie Lion wrote:

The sound did seem to suck people in.

Schoolboy error. System was in wrong polarity. Swap it around and you'll see it blowing people away.

Great job guys and great to see the progress in pics. Thanks for posting.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 35>