Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extended CB-18 Cyclops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 17>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhuet99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2012 at 10:19pm
Stipe did a drawing for me in 15mm.  It was not the extended version though.

godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2012 at 11:45pm
What's the potential for a 21" version, how much bigger does the cab have to go. Can you keep the same depth and just add to the width and height of the cab. Would be an interesting project
FlipC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2012 at 3:30am
Doesn't work that way godge.
You would have to model for the driver you want to use.
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2012 at 3:14pm
Just wondering how much roughly the dimensions would increase for example a 21" version, thinking of something like the b&C 21SW115. Any help on how I could work this out would be great
b grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2012 at 4:35pm
Really you have to sim it.  Changing the dimensions a bunch is going to change the sound.

If I were attempting to do a 21" I would try to stick to the same size if possible.  The b&C 21SW115 for example is 547 mm overall diameter, and the Cyclops is 576 mm tall.  I think if you made it at least 7 mm taller, it would fit the baffle and it would not be a major change to the path length or volume.  I don't know if it would actually fit in the mouth though, and it would certainly displace a lot more volume there.

I did not sim this.  I am just saying that if you start drastically changing dimensions, you may as well go from scratch.

Edited by b grade - 27 December 2012 at 4:44pm
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2012 at 5:01pm
hmmm, good idea, may need a rework though.
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
ampzillason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ampzillason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 1:32pm
hi
any chance to get the hornresponse input parameters?
as im not to familar to hornres. i dont want to start on ground zero
as the cyclops is very interesting i want to play around a bit
thanx Smile

mhtplsh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhtplsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2013 at 12:34pm
i too is interested in the input parameters.
anybody have it? 
b grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2013 at 5:02pm
User Darkmatter posted his best guess on a thread I came across when I was thinking about making Cyclopses.

ShokZi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShokZi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2013 at 10:36am
Hi, iv looked everywhere and can't find the hornresp data of the cbx, does anyone have this?
willy.gray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willy.gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2013 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by streetsounds streetsounds wrote:

I could not able to put the volume to normal level, neighbors ang complaining about the bass

What tops are they?
pakamon57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pakamon57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2013 at 9:39pm
Hi, I'm new here and very interessed by building Cyclops with RCF LF18G401, I've builded a copy of the Electro Voice MTL 1 with this Chassis and they work well. Because the speakers are mounted reversed on the MTL 1 (basket outside) the polarity is inverted (+amp=-speaker) is this already fact by the Cyclops ?

Sorry for my bad english
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 17>