Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FFPA our story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 52>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote empiresoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by spongebob spongebob wrote:

As far as i'm aware, ratchet straps are not rated for lifting

Article 126 

http://www.hseni.gov.uk/l113_safe_use_of_lifting_equipment.pdf
Failed DJ and fumbling through the world of pro audio. Give me a thumb and make me feel better:
www.facebook.com/empireAVWorks
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by empiresoundsystem empiresoundsystem wrote:

Article 126 

clearly says you should not normally....
it wasnt a normal situation

anyway i thought youd be too busy setting up more fake profiles and trolling peoples groups mr beswick, and didnt you sell your system as no one would use you due to lack of a kick sectionTongue

Edited by nuclearbass - 24 January 2016 at 9:43pm
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 10:11pm
Its pretty simple. If you don't know why something is or isnt right for the job you are not qualified to do the job.

Rich Please don't lift things with Ratchet Straps. There is no saftey restraint on the load once you lift the release on the handle.

Also the loading on a Ratchet strap is not rated on a downward force load. I.E if you hung 10,000kg of metal on a 10,000kg ratchet strap it would snap instantly.

Use the Method with the winch stands.

Anyway, Weldone with the Floodlight! Still one of my Favourote boxes of all time. That 12" on Vox is just bloooooody lush.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Rich Please don't lift things with Ratchet Straps. There is no saftey restraint on the load once you lift the release on the handle.

it wasnt secured with the ratchet it was chained up there with 4 chains spaced out, i think the hardware were rated at 250kg each, the kit on there must have weighed less than half that, once it was up there it was safe, the straps wasn't ideal but it did the job and with only our selves there "yes a bit naughty" but it solved our problem.

we have how ever invested in some chain winches in the mean time.  This was the first time wed been asked to do a dead hang so didnt have any
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
empiresoundsystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote empiresoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by nuclearbass nuclearbass wrote:

Article 126 

anyway i thought youd be too busy setting up more fake profiles and trolling peoples groups mr beswick, and didnt you sell your system as no one would use you due to lack of a kick sectionTongue

sigh, last time I stick up for you lol
Failed DJ and fumbling through the world of pro audio. Give me a thumb and make me feel better:
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 10:45pm

Article 126 

if i needed you id be in a sorry state of affairs mate, get back to blocking people who give you solid advise on facebook
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
empiresoundsystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote empiresoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 10:48pm

Article 126 

if i needed you id be in a sorry state of affairs mate, get back to blocking people who give you solid advise on facebook

*advice lol, all the best Richard x
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 10:50pm
typo, oh well, I

i don't recall this being a spelling forum
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 10:52pm
im not sure how unsafe this is classed as but i thought id share it anyway, its in our own unit for the cinema night we did

one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2016 at 10:56am
Well done on the ordering of the chain blocks.

Have you had a google on how to strop and shackle truss?

Sling These are common for going round the truss. Also can be used for the point, especially good for wooden joist's in old buildings etc. Not ideal for I-Beams.

3.25 Bow Shackle Bow shackles for connecting straps to chain blocks.

Please note all this kit should be tested to LOLLER standards.

www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2016 at 11:42am

im not sure how unsafe this is classed as but i thought id share it anyway, its in our own unit for the cinema night we did

That didn't work

one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2016 at 8:47pm
i actually love how you don't give a crap! Thumbs Up

everybody has to think on their feet every now and again, using ratchets isn't ideal but better than some poly rope from the hardware shop, or two blokes stuggling up a ladder!! You have the right kit now for future use, fair play. I've done MUCH worse but we shan't speak of that haha.

Also note, shouldn't use chains on the truss either as they don't couple the load evenly on the truss chords - which could cause pinch points malforming the chord and compromising structural stability [ie: chain links could dent/slice the tubes of the truss]. Use rated slings for primary fixing, with plastic wrapped rated steel cables/shackles for secondaries [in case of fire melting said slings].

happy days! Lamp

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 52>