Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FFPA our story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 52>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2015 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Teunos Teunos wrote:

And there is where my primary spraker designer instinct kicks in and i think that there is no way that even six hd15 can do 40hz "easily".
Does anybody actually have any proof for that, cause i highly doubt such claims.

No one ever said it was a sub, the plans even stipulate this.

BUT the fact that the cab is called HD (hard dance) 15 states the fact in it name what it was designed for.

In a small room 200 people or less for the type of gigs we do 6/8 is enough, bigger rooms then all 12, anything after that then we will add sub.

It is what it is, a kick bin, not a sub!!!!

As already mentioned there's so much more to other music than a great dirty bass..... The trs 218s in the picture were ran 30-75 the Hds we ran at 52-140 as try sounded better like this....

Guess which amps had to work the most!!!!

one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2015 at 12:53am
started to refurb the trs but then they had to go out to work

one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2015 at 2:33am
So this weekend we become proud owners of some TSW & FLOODLIGHT boxes

750 mile round trip

Needs tarting up a big bit but you know

Finally there home
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2015 at 5:21am
wow loads of it! good score!
Darkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2015 at 5:56am
I love how passing the boxes to someone else tends to give these a new life, as they get sold through the years people continuously refurbish them so it's actually true: good boxes do last longer. Thumbs Up
Bass =/= Enough
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2015 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Darkstar Darkstar wrote:

I love how passing the boxes to someone else tends to give these a new life, as they get sold through the years people continuously refurbish them so it's actually true: good boxes do last longer. Thumbs Up

That's quite well put. I never thought of it like that..../

What made this special is the day and half road trip to collect it, fetched far more meaning too it.

We're so excited to have it, I got that feeling when I collected it, you know the one, the one you get when you buy your first rig.

I had to walk down a corridor that was 80yard or so, it was at the end of the corridor and the change of emotion and feeling over that 80 yards were craZy, my grin just grew bigger and bigger the closer I got too it, sounds a little sad I know, but I still have a massive passion for sound and this was like the holy grail for me
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2015 at 9:22am
You went to BE?
Best regards,
Teun.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2015 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Teunos Teunos wrote:

You went to BE?

We did
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 12:46pm
Taking it to the next level... Just awesome Rich! Clap

Does this mean the end of your former black and yellow rig? No more HD15's?
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 1:05pm
I also drove a nice 10+ hours to collect the floods ,was not a problem Big smile .
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 1:05pm
No mate the HD15s are still here there's a few jobs we have that don't warrant 218s or 124s 😂
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Hvedstrup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hvedstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 1:23pm
Congrats. 

You are now the owner of some of the best sounding boxes ever made. Process and power them properly and they will make you smile every time you use them. 

Thumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 52>