FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ES 18-BPH impressions???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ES 18-BPH impressions???
    Posted: 28 April 2011 at 9:29am
Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

ES 18-BPH: is there a 15" version of these?

???

Originally posted by awacs awacs wrote:

I've been a fan of the ES18-BPH being used as a sub crossed over at 80Hz. Was looking to use with an HD15 for 80-200Hz. Any comments on that combo here?

Any more comments ???

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
awacs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 4:37pm
Is that running the HD15 as a sub and up above 160Hz, or in a bandpass as a mid-bass (HP ~ 80Hz)? The response looks good in the 100-200 range on the chart, but obviously real world means all the difference. 
cracker.a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cracker.a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 3:06am
Originally posted by awacs awacs wrote:

I've been a fan of the ES18-BPH being used as a sub crossed over at 80Hz. Was looking to use with an HD15 for 80-200Hz.

In my opinion HD15  holds a decent SPL but will not sound nice and accurate over 160Hz.
awacs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 5:06am
I've been a fan of the ES18-BPH being used as a sub crossed over at 80Hz. Was looking to use with an HD15 for 80-200Hz. Any comments on that combo here?

Also was wondering if anyone has put 4 ES18's together in a quad and built an extension like on a Bertha/W-Bin double 18? I know the flare is good for 5Hz or so of lowend extension and thought it might be a cool idea to try with the ES18's in a quad.
AudioAddictz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AudioAddictz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2010 at 3:56am
i had the pleasure of using opus jodys vestax mixer several times now , and i have to say its one of the best mixers ive used , that in conjunction with the awesome opus sound system made mixing an absolute pleasure.

my first gig playing at a festival was using that mixer on jodys rig and it made the experience a lot less nerve racking .. :)

thanks jody your a top bloke :)

AudioAddictz / Dj Ascent 

Peace Love & Light

Edited by AudioAddictz - 05 July 2010 at 3:56am
Reality .. It might look the same but it dont taste the same
neilpoints View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilpoints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by highlyunlikely highlyunlikely wrote:

+1 jody on the sclat...
i love my modded version of the es18..Smile

Hello Highlyunlikely. Please tell me about the mod you did to yours.
former Eurovision contestant
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 6:16pm
ES 18-BPH: is there a 15" version of these?
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:

ours are loaded with 186 ,I say they are good someone asked why we painted our F1 black Wink, they sound just as good, and are still in running-in

Clap
**Heavy Weight-Line**
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 5:46pm
Interesting! Anyone compared these ES18 cabs loaded with celestion FTR 18 4080fd's against PD186's? 

ours are loaded with 186 ,I say they are good someone asked why we painted our F1 black Wink, they sound just as good, and are still in running-in ,
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by kallabungo kallabungo wrote:

We used 1850's in ES18 cabs and had to modify the angle of the mounting plate for the driver so it would accomodate the huge magnet. After testing the cabs extensively with the 1850 drivers and celestion FTR 18 4080fd's it was clear the 1850 was too much for the cab and the capabilities of it were being wasted.
Yes you could achieve a more reinforced and slightly lower frequency using the 1850 driver but the realistic gains of it were negligble. The celestion moves much quicker inside the cab and as such produces a tighter but warm sounding very agressive punch and makes the cab a lot lighter in terms of weight.

Interesting! Anyone compared these ES18 cabs loaded with celestion FTR 18 4080fd's against PD186's?  

Originally posted by mashgwan mashgwan wrote:

we use es18bphs i think they sound great we use as standalone bass, stack as a group of 4 or as a group of 8 depending on the venue, 8 do sound wicked although to bassy for some smaller venues

What drivers you running yours with mashgwan?

**Heavy Weight-Line**
neilpoints View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilpoints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by kallabungo kallabungo wrote:

Originally posted by neilpoints neilpoints wrote:

I have ES18BPH loaded with PD1850s, and they're great. The bass is hard, used with LABs. Their range goes much higher than any HDs. Thanks, Staiper!

We used 1850's in ES18 cabs and had to modify the angle of the mounting plate for the driver so it would accomodate the huge magnet. After testing the cabs extensively with the 1850 drivers and celestion FTR 18 4080fd's it was clear the 1850 was too much for the cab and the capabilities of it were being wasted.
Yes you could achieve a more reinforced and slightly lower frequency using the 1850 driver but the realistic gains of it were negligble. The celestion moves much quicker inside the cab and as such produces a tighter but warm sounding very agressive punch and makes the cab a lot lighter in terms of weight.

I'll have to listen to a few of these with different drivers. I agree the high end of their range is worse with 1850s, but I like the hardness of the lower end with the LABs. The 1850s fit straight in with about 5mm clearance, the magnet is wide but not very deep, but I did another modification to make the baffle more rigid and the front chamber more streamlined.
former Eurovision contestant
mashgwan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashgwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 1:12pm

hers our 8 at the custard factory last year

Edited by mashgwan - 26 May 2010 at 1:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>